How do you stop dissociation....

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by TheWr0ngChild, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

Before it lands me up under a truck or in a police cell =/ I get it as part of my PMS/PMDD symptoms and it's getting to the point where I wander off down the street in slippers and spending large ammounts of cash at the shop.

I even hid my money where I did not think I would be able to get to it in one of these episodes, but I just landed up trying to buy stuff with no money on me then snapping out of it being asked to pay.

My PMS is getting worse, but I really need to control this. It seems to come with a blinding headache a bit like when you eat ice cream too fast. After I have been in this state I also have no memory of it.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2008
  2. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Hi Tin Woman. Glad to see that you're still around. Sorry to hear that you're experiencing dissociation episodes now too. Just remember that I'm always here to help. With the dissociation, just try to focus on what you're doing at all times, so that when it comes on, you can snap out of it more quickly. :hug:

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

i generally don't know- i've been struggling with this for ages, but don't get that huge memory loss right now like you're experiencing.

do you notice what happens before you get these episodes?

usually i just notice a need to get out/escape, what am i trying to do by getting out, try and ask that myself before i completely zone out and do the wandering

sometimes i try and imagine that outside is off limits. that it's full of scary people out to get me. sometimes it has to get to that point to force myself to stay inside when i feel myself drifting off into a pattern that will deterioate into physical exhaustion if i don't control it.

4. TheWr0ngChild

The memory loss, and all this as a matter of fact started when I was taking the contracepetive pill Microgynon 30. I am no longer taking any hormonal contraception and the side effects I had return every month as extreme PMS. This is one of the symptoms. It really is like switching between 2 people, one is me, she's OK. The other one is a much darker one that would stop at nothing to cause arguments, fights, scream abuse at the general public and really look and act DRUNK.

I have a great big long list of other symptoms and I'm sure if you forum search my username and PMS you'll find them. This one is worrying me alot because I'm afraid of getting picked up by the police as drunk & disorderly. The headache I get with these episodes causes me to lose balence, wobble everywhere, almost throw up and other signs of drunkenness. Some days it's happening I feel like getting drunk and then if I go out I will be and I won't have to explain to police and have to prove that I was not. Nobody would beleive that PMS and carried on side effects from a pill would cause this, so I'd probably land up with an £80 fine which would be devistating as we can't afford sums like that for nothing. At leased if I was drunk I would not have to live with the fact that I got arrested for PMS. Not that I will do this, but that is the way it's making me feel.

5. TheWr0ngChild

No, I just go from being "ok" and the next thing I know id the fridge is filled with crap or I'm out in the streets with slippers on or eating food or anything I don't remember doing. The only sign I get I'm about to get an episode is a blinding headache which goes down the back of my neck and sometimes I feel sick. I have nausea through the day as part of my PMS though, so I just do not know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.