How do you stop thinking about someone other than replacing them

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Hache, Jun 3, 2009.

1. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I cant stop thinking about this girl even though nothing will happen. When awake at night or the morning, whenever i create my own dreams to try and fall asleep it is about her. Thing is I haven't seen this person in months, she is more of a friend of a friend, but from September I'll be living with her and some other friends. :blink: I cant replace her in my mind with someone else because it is summer and i am home a lone and dont meet people. I know i don't stand a chance. How to do I get rid of this crush before i get crushed? If it still exists when I go to live with her it could get messy for me and my mind. I dont think I will be able to stop it, but just spending the next 3 months letting this sort of dreams happen is frustrating me a little.
  2. Maaso

Maaso Well-Known Member

You dont, they will always be there. Even if you find someone else, she will always be in the back of your mind.
  3. Hache

Hache Well-Known Member

I guess i'll just have to go through the next 3 months thinking about her then
  4. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

when i saw this title, i honestly thought it was an old post of mine.
    ive asked almost the exact same thing on here (shameless self promotion) and hopefully there may be something on that thread that may help you out.

im afraid i have no suggestions myself (sorry). im still stuck with this issue and have pretty much given up on it ever being resolved (short of me killing myself that is)
  5. BriGuy

BriGuy Antiquities Friend

There is someone right now that I don't think I will ever be able to stop loving, no matter how hard I try... and I don't want to replace him... because nobody can ever compare, or live up to him in my eyes... or in my heart. So I don't know how to help... I know I am plain screwed... unless he changes his mind and decides to allow his feelings for me through!