How do you survive

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by mpk, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

This week has been tough. I am at the point of just calling it quits but know I can't as I am a coward at heart. I used to be happy, not anymore. Was it all an illusion or a dream, is this an illusion or dream?
    Why do these things happen to those of us who try to live good lives.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I feel so sorry for you hun. If I could wave a magic wand I would. Focus on getting through one day at a time. You're not a coward you are a fighter. I know you have been struggling a lot lately but stay here talking to us and we will help you through it. Usually what are your best distractions to help you when you are very depressed? *hugs* @mpk

3. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Hang in there brother, I'm struggling today too.

4. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. Not a good day at all, week has been bad. Think I'll start drinking.

5. Brian777

That crossed my mind too, but I don't think it'll help

6. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I know it doesn't :) but it dulls the pain.

7. Petal

Drinking will make things worse, yes you might feel better while drinking but afterwards you will be hungover and depressed. Create a safety box of things you can do when you have a crisis, put maybe pictures in it, maybe PRN (as needed) medications, a candle, prayer, chocolate or whatever you want but please don't resort to drinking. Do you have nextflix, that might distract you for a while? You CAN get through this safely, believe you can and you will. Tomorrow is a new days, the first day of the rest of your life. Make it special and alcohol free. I was feeling really bad 2 days ago and wanted to drink so bad but I didn't give in I hope you don't too. I truly do care and will talk to you until you're feeling a bit better at least! (hugs)

8. Brian777

Yeh.....until it wears off :) then it's worse

9. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I have the bottle just have not started to drink.

10. Brian777

Was there anything that made today worse? I was trying to figure that out for myself too, woke up worse than usual......don't understand anxiety and depression, but it's the worst I've ever encountered. Of all pain this is total torture.

11. Brian777

Hey mpk inbox me, we'll talk my friend. We can get through this together

12. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I think it is just life itself. I have sat here and watched sad youtube videos all day, not good. Have not started to drink.

13. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

I'm sorry you're having such a bad time. Hang in there!

@Petal has come with some very sound advice (I might follow that actually. ) Keep doing things you like doing. Anything that distracts you to get through.

I hope you won't drink... the problem with alcohol is that it strengthens any emotion that you have at the moment, and since yours isn't good at the moment... drinking will not help. It will only make you worse.

Be kind to yourself. Please

14. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Have not started drinking, still down and out though.

15. ThePhantomLady

ThePhantomLady Safety and Support SF Supporter

Would going for a walk or doing something physical help you? What usually cheers you up?

16. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

Right now I am I am in such a funk I'm not sure what to do.

17. Petal

What did you do all day? How are you feeling now?

18. Echez26

Echez26 Member

Hi mpk. I'm sorry to hear that today's a though day. God will help you through this. When I feel alone I usually talk to God. I know he's always with us all so it brings some peace of mind because not everyone has a support system. If you don't mind me asking. Did you wake up feeling this way or did something trigger this feeling

19. mpk

mpk Well-Known Member

I have been waking up in a panic most mornings, worried about my life and future. Not good to be this way. I have just watched sad stuff on youtube trying to cry it out, not working real good.

20. Petal

Try watching something funny, look up brendan grace or des bishop, one of them will make you smile. You need to try and stay positive and keep the mind clear, you can certainly do this :) Crying isn't so bad, it lets it all out bu watching something ''moving'' or funny will cheer you up a bit, put on a dvd or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.