How do you tell someone

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by no point, Sep 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. no point

no point Well-Known Member

your thoughts of suicide or death? Any suggestions? Or, do you think it's better not to talk about it?

2. JustWatchMeChange

JustWatchMeChange Well-Known Member

Depends on who you are telling. If you have children I would not tell them.

3. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

The best person to tell at the start is a doctor. Because they are professional and they see cases of depression and/or suicide a lot they will be able to help you the most. Even to have that stranger to lean on can be a massive relief and the more you see them the more you trust them. I know it is very difficult to go and see one because I procrastinated it for 8 years but it is a very good direction to go in. Just takes a bit of impulse I think. It isn't as scary as it might seem though, if it even seems scary to you at all.
    As for methods of telling someone, it is a good idea to write down a summary of what you feel and maybe why you started feeling it with anything else you think is relavant so that when you tell someone like a doc you can just hand them the peice of paper rather than try and construct something in your mind at the time because you might feel now that you will be so unnerved you won't know what to say. Therefore writing it down beforehand means you don't have to lay out anything on the spot.

Have a think about stuff like this, it is a very good idea to go and see a doctor if you have been feeling suicidal.

4. weirdal

weirdal Forum Buddy

i just told my friends, and i waited for the right time, when we had no rush.
    thankfully i have some of the best friends in the world, so they took it, not great, they were upset, but they stood by me which i appreciated so much.

if u cant tell your close friends start by tellign a doctor, or even someone online, it dan really help

alex

xxxx

5. i dont know how to tell anyone either...
    mostly cuz i'm not close to anyone

6. I agree talk to a doctor!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.