How do you want the rules changed to banned people

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by Boratz, Nov 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boratz

Boratz Well-Known Member

Let us get the voice from the members at least two thirds of the majority.

2. CAD

CAD Well-Known Member

This isn't going to get you anywhere. Just keep your head down and keep your criticisms (trenchant or not) to yourself.

3. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Democracy doesn't belong here. The people are much less forgiving than the mods... And you agreed to all the rules when you signed up.

4. worlds edge

worlds edge Well-Known Member

In one sense agree with this, in another I do not. People can certainly "vote with their feet," and move on if they find this forum not to their liking. Meaning the site would rapidly turn into a ghost-town in such an event. That's democracy, of a sort.

But, also, given that the site owner(s) would be held responsible if something untoward happened here, I do agree that it is rank silliness to start doing anything around here by like what the OP proposes.

I honestly haven't noticed this, though I do think the mods here do an excellent job overall.

Not quite. You agreed to abide by the rules, not that you necessarily to agreed with them, when you signed up. At least that is my take on things, so I self-censor myself and stay silent when there's something I disagree with where disagreement would break a rule. Happens rarely, but it does happen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.