How do you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by RyanKey=MyLife, Feb 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RyanKey=MyLife

    RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

    Get yourself put into care or a mental illness hospital?
    I have more questions to do with this aswell:)
  2. fromthatshow

    fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

    If you go to the ER and tell them you are sucidal they should get you to the nearest ward :hug:
  3. RyanKey=MyLife

    RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member

    Thank you for replying:smile:

    How do you get put into care?:smile:
  4. fromthatshow

    fromthatshow Staff Alumni SF Supporter

    You mean like a therapist or psych appt.?
    You can schedule that yourself, but if you go to the hospital, they should set something up for you when you leave, at least that was my experience, but I am in the US.
  5. Petal

    Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

    Hi Ryan,

    I think you mean taken away from your family? Is that correct?

    If so, I believe that there has to be some sort of proof showing that they have been neglecting you or something along the lines of that. :dunno:
  6. ~Claire

    ~Claire Well-Known Member

    Hi Jodie,

    I dunno much about the whole care side of things but in my experience it's damn near impossible to get into hospital esp. in the UK. I guess it all depends on the usual e.g. previous history, current situation etc.

    Are you under the care of anyone at the moment like a cpn or therapist?

    Massive hugs, Claire xx
  7. soliloquise

    soliloquise Well-Known Member

    call social services children and families team in your area... or childline..
  8. RyanKey=MyLife

    RyanKey=MyLife Well-Known Member


    What if my mum denies it?:(
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.