how does medication help you?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by plates, Apr 26, 2009.

1. plates

plates Well-Known Member

how does it help?

i'm on kloponin and i take it only when necessary but sometimes it doesn't work. it just makes me slightly more relaxed but the suicidal thoughts are still there and wanting an end but the high distress just eases a bit and i'm finding two tablets individually as necessary isn't enough.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I'm not actually allowed xanax anymore, but it did help so much.

It instantly reduced the anxiety and relaxed me, took away nausea I got from anxiety,xanax is an amazing drug :)

Its a pity my doctor refuses to prescribe it :dry:

3. plates

plates Well-Known Member

how long were you on it?

4. Petal

About 6 months(I think).

5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

do you know why your doctor is not prescribing that to you anymore?

sorry for all the questions. did you need it every day too?

6. Petal

Yea I needed it most days and she won't prescribe it because I kept getting addicted to it:unsure:

7. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

Last April I shook for an entire month and slept maybe an hour every other night. Then I got on Ativan and the violent shaking stopped. Since then they've switched me on countless medications... but the main way it helps me is from the violent shakes.

8. aki

aki Well-Known Member

I take lexapro for depression...it doesn't help much, I still feel very depressed and suicidal all the time, it just adds numbness to those.
    I also take zyprexa for anxiety, insomnia and thoughts of harming myself but it doesn't help much either. It calms me a little though sometimes.

9. plates

plates Well-Known Member

thank you for your replies.

there's absolutely no hope for me. they've given me this to 'take off the edge' when i want to die, not realising, that could be counterproductive. i mightn't be as agitated but how would that 'save my life' in any way?

i was terrified to die. and they've given me something to relieve that anxiety.

10. jameslyons

jameslyons Well-Known Member

I notice that when I take the full prescription I feel the anxiety and depression in the distance and I don't feel compelled to follow that negative line of thinking. Of course, that state includes penis problems so I opt for depression and anxiety to be a bit closer.

The medication just gives you space to deal with your problems.

11. Phoenix1985

Phoenix1985 Well-Known Member

I'm on 1000mg Epilim, 20mg Lexapro and 30mg Oxazepam (short term).

I find the Epilim evens out my moods, the Lexapro keeps me from becoming a suicidal mess (without extreme external events) and the Oxazepam makes me feel pretty darn tipsy after about an hour so helps me go to sleep and have a decent sleep too. However, these don't 'cure' how I feel, merely takes the edge off so it's all bearable.

12. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Zoloft makes me less depressed, bu I'm still suicidal. The Zyprexa calms me down.