How does one find someone to talk to

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by zerick, Jun 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zerick

zerick Member

I find it hard to talk to my friends about many things/thought in my life. I have some benefits to talk to a therapist due to a layoff at work last year. The problem I find is as I look down the list of therapist the list list shrinks due to those who I would feel comfortable talking to (women vs. men...etc.) Has I look at the therapists profiles the list shrinks even further. I don't think I am racist, but since I live in a very diverse community I do think I need to talk to someone who speaks English. So I have called several of the therapists that I have narrowed the list down to that specialize in the topics that I would like to discuss (depression, money, sexuality issues, death, suicide, grief...etc) None of the people I have called have any openings. I just no longer know what to do... any advise?

... I'm not sure if this in the right forum so if any of the mods need to move this please do so.
  2. triggs

triggs Account Closed

finding people to talk to about difficult issues is hard enough as it is, but having to read through a list of people and judge whether it would be beneficial to talk to them must be very challenging because you've never met them before. even if they possess all the traits you look for in a therapist, you may not click... so don't worry if you can't find one just yet. it can take a while. :hug: in the mean time, perhaps you can find someone on here who you can talk to. there are different forums and threads you can talk on which are specifically outline for the topics you've mentioned :smile: so it shouldn't be too hard. if you want to talk to me, you can PM me any time and i will get back to you as soon as possible :heart: thinking of you
    triggs xx
  3. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

Finding a therapist is a very challenging process sometimes. You must find someone you can click with and you just don't know if you'll click til you've talked to them. So keep perservering and talking to the therapists 'cos eventually you'll find one who feels right for you and then you'll have found your person to talk to. For now there are many of us here on the forum willing to listen and to help as best as we can so keep posting =) :hug: Good luck in your search.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.