How does real love feel?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Socialman, Oct 30, 2010.

1. Socialman

Socialman Well-Known Member

I personally think I will never find real love. One time there was this girl I knew, and she started flirting with someone, and I started to cry. I don't know if that was real love, but it hurt really bad. How will I know when I truly hit love?
  2. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

At the moment it feels like a stomach ache. Other times it's wonderful. Jealousy is not love. You'll know by the good feeling when she's around, the emptiness when she's not. But you also get that more acutely long before it's actually love, when it's just infatuation... It's hard to describe.
  3. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

Pain. Lots and lots of pain.
    Lovely, wonderful, beautiful, piercing pain.

haha- I guess that would be confusing to someone who hasn't experienced it before-- but I described it in the past as... like a heart attack or a stomach cramp that won't go away while you are with that person--- but you don't want it to go away, ever. It's dizzying and breath taking and... sublime.
  4. Domo

Domo Well-Known Member

It's the first person you think about when you wake, the last person before you sleep.

You accept them even with all their floors, you accept them as they are.

I'm going to stop before i write an essay.
  5. plates

plates Well-Known Member

Real love is something I've only experienced from myself. It is nurturing.

I've gone through the intensity of falling in love and/or having a crush but that isn't love to me. Love is longer-lasting and can evolve, grow, change.
  6. duka

duka Well-Known Member

Well, the way it's been explained to me is that you don't always feel it at first. You could be talking to a friend, or watching a crime film, or sitting by yourself, but suddenly you'll realize: I want to be with that person and that person alone, and I want it to last forever. Then, you're supposed to get both jittery and calm at the same time, and saying "I love you" to the person from that point on is supposed to make you feel as if you're standing on your head.
  7. MightyMatt

MightyMatt Well-Known Member

wouldn't know... Don't know why I posted this to be honest... ignore me... Cant sleep.
  8. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

With love you would do anything for them, even if they don't feel the same way back. You can;t stop thinking about them, and just being around them, but you're not thinking about them in a lustful way. You're just thinking about them all the time, like how are they, what are they doing? Just being around them is amazing.
  9. greyroses

greyroses Well-Known Member

No such thing a one "real" love. Ho hum.
  10. Truth

Truth New Member

don't worry about it. its overrated. Just find someone you can relate to.
  11. PollyAnna

PollyAnna Account Closed

It's never absolute.
  12. Claws

Claws Active Member

Well for me it's an aching pain in my stomach, sometimes good and sometimes bad. I miss them when I don't speak to them. When it's good I feel on top of the world but when it's bad then it hurts like hell and I just want to be ok again because that's when I feel safe and love and warmth. Even when I'm mad I love them, want them and it is truly great for me at the moment.
  13. airsupply

airsupply Member

For me.. its a drive inside that makes me wanna hang around to see what happens next. The best high I've ever gotten.
  14. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

there's a song by jimmy nail called cowboy dreams and the first line is
    loves a silver bullet that blows your world apart.....nuff said
  15. Lexicon

Lexicon Well-Known Member

For me - it's like somebody took my entire world, shook it, then threw it down my throat and left it stuck there. It's painful and beautiful and brilliant, and it keeps you awake and it's the only thing that lets you sleep, fills your dreams, haunts your nightmare. Makes you feel chronically sick. Stops everything else from being, just stops it all. Nothing matters, and yet everything matters that little more because it suddenly has a POINT.

I could speak for pages and pages on it - but at the end of the day, it's something words can't encapsulate. Ever. :)

16. Axiom

Axiom Account Closed

Love? I can only speak for me and my girlfriend. I love being with her, spending my time and thoughts.. I feel free to be me with her, and she with me. She is more important than anything to me, but in a progressive way. We enjoy getting to knoweachother as be both grow.

Sometimes we get into bad arguments, but we can see the argument in depth, and not let it touch our relationship. .. I donno. She gives me a warming special feeling that is unique only to her. And I want to share all other unique warm feelings through life with her, and make her smile, and be there with her regardless of whats happening around us.

Donno, hard to write. Real love is.. just real.