How easily triggered are you?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by the_me_that_you_know, Aug 20, 2007.

How esily triggered are you?

1. Not at all

4 vote(s)
  2. Slightly

15 vote(s)
  3. Moderately

6 vote(s)
  4. Extremely

5 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I should've posted this long ago. I am a person who is not easily triggered due to the horror I have experienced in life. I never stopped to think about how much others are the opposite of myself.
  2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

it's kind of strange for me to answer that ?. some days i feel like i can take on the world and i end up so easily triggered. then there are other days when i feel like anything is lible to set me off and yet nothing fases me. i still haven't figured me out. it's just always up in the air. i guess i'm just an odd ball.

take care
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

Depends..With self-harm, yeh, I get triggered easily, but with suicide and other things, takes a lot to make me break.
  4. MrDepressed

MrDepressed Guest

For me it depends as well on the situation and what/who is involved... I have never dealt with my emotions well and I can choke up easily or just totally clam up and seem unemotional when my insides just rage with sadness/anger etc.
    Relationships I become triggered easily in, with sad moments dealing with children I trigger easy...hmmm
  5. Blackness

Blackness Guest

it depends on my "state" on each day.
    If it's a dark day then im easily triggered and vive versa...
  6. rd9671

rd9671 Guest

Right now, I am not so easily triggered. But there are times when I can be driving on the freeway and suddenly the urge to self-harm comes on strong and can last anywhere from a couple of minutes to hours. When I am at that point and it lasts for a long time (months) I easily fall into despair and suicidal thoughts.
  7. Will

Will Staff Alumni

I'd say for suicide I'm not 'triggered'. I'm just feeling that way after so many weights throw on me.

For Self harm, I'm not exactly triggered. I feel Self Harm is a product of depression.

Depression...I'm triggered really really easily. I realize how lonely I am...then I get to a point where I need to cut...then when I start cutting I question whether or not I should even exist. :(

That's kind of how it works. But most times I only get depressed and that's it...
  8. Twisted Sweet Lies

Twisted Sweet Lies Well-Known Member

I rearly get triggered any more.
  9. I voted slightly.
  10. anonymous51

anonymous51 Staff Alumni

Well i tend not to be affected by depressing stuff but ive had a very dark sense of humour since i was very young. Although i get extremely triggered when i see groups of friends hanging out or guys holding hands with their girlfriends because i just get so jealous of what they have.
  11. Know One

Know One Member

I am not "triggered" this is again another fucking generalization people make. I FEEL THE WAY I WAS CREATED. My brain functions this way. I am never far enough to forget myself and be "triggered" back.
  12. Esmeralda

Esmeralda Well-Known Member

I'm only triggered by own scary, twisted thoughts. Although there are some images I have seen of people "offing" themselves which do not trigger me at all; in fact they deter me, but stay with me...haunting me. It's actually a good thing for me, seeing how easily a life go from being to being just a dead body. It makes me understand how final and quick death can be,,,and that none of us are ever truly ready for it. It is way too final for me :)
  13. White Dove

White Dove Well-Known Member

Very easily

especially with trigging words
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.