How far would you go??

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by lost76, Dec 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost76

lost76 New Member

Recently, l was faced with a situation where someone l just met begged me for my help. I agreed as l do, but unfortunately it has taken its toll on me in every way imaginable.

How far would you go to help someone in need?

2. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

If it is causing you to hurt stop talking to that person. Your sanity should come first. :hug: But understand the feeling that you NEED to help people. I'm the same way.

Hang in there <3

3. Tealc

Tealc Banned Member

i would go as far as i feel comfortable with but you have to draw a line somewhere, at the end of the day the individual has to help themselves as well

4. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I agree with Tealc.. You have to know your limitations..It's not fair to you to take the full burden..Just tell them you need a break..

5. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I suppose it depends on what sort of help they need, and what I have that I can offer. There have to be limits and boundaries, or we would be totally spent emotionally, physically, mentally, financially if we helped until we were empty just to "help as much as 'possible.'" Set your limits, maybe as part of "helping" assist in finding the next caregiver or the next step the person can take. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.