How fucked the treatment is

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Chernarus, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

first they tell me im bipolar then they tell me i have conduct disorder then i go some were else and they tell me i dont have thoose instead i have PTSD thoose musther fuckers couldn't tell there assholes from there mouthes. BTW This is all in Colorado USA

2. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There really isn't straightforward medical tests to identify mental illness. It isn't the same as a medical condition that can be determined by irregularities in blood tests, x-rays, etc. The diagnosis is based on what you tell them and if you meet a certain number of criteria on a checklist. As more is learned about you and the issues you face, your DX may change. Please try to work with them so they may be able to help you deal with your issues.

3. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

:laugh: I know what you mean. I think the best sentence that I've heard is "She is a complex person with complex needs." Then he went on to diagnose me with a tonne of things, my sister, my girlfriend but of course not my parents because they are 'normal.'

Last edited: Apr 12, 2008
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Better to be complex than simple? We wouldn't want to make it easy on anyone since it isn't easy for ourselves. :blink:

5. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member

Professionals place less emphasis on diagnosing people these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.