How have you guys been living lately?

TheChimeraMonster

You're special, sweet child
With all this mess of world, how do you maintain yourself from going up the walls? I have been in a totally out of sync with the rest of the world, i find quite hard to maintain routines, and finding a job is getting harder each day while the cost of living and everything else are going up.
I have been trying to at least do some workout, but god, that is difficult. I can't pay a therapist, so things have been hard. I need something that could help on being a healthy adult or at least a functional one. Thanks to the universe, im not struggling with any addiction ( or none that I am aware of ), but on the other side, maybe i would feel less shitty for a while.

well, basically, how the hell I go from a useless young adult to a functional one?

The pandemic hasn't really effected me cause my life consists of being at home all the time anyway with no social interaction in real life so it's nothing new to me. The only way it's effected me negatively is that it's meant my mother has had to be at home all year cause of her job and I'm not used to that, so thats driven me crazy having no time to myself. I've just cried my way through it. Had multiple breakdowns, panic attacks, depression, crying most days, trying to distract myself until its over. I'm just waiting it out

Sorry that you're struggling CM
I need something that could help on being a healthy adult or at least a functional one
There might be something in my signature link that could help.
I can't pay a therapist, so things have been hard
Some people can benefit from studying CBT techniques on their own. A member here has recommended The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns. There might be some online resources too.

Hugs

TheChimeraMonster

Sorry that you're struggling CM

There might be something in my signature link that could help.

Some people can benefit from studying CBT techniques on their own. A member here has recommended The Feeling Good Handbook by Dr. David Burns. There might be some online resources too.

Hugs
ty, I will read them to see :)

TheChimeraMonster

Humor in all forms especially TV and movies, music...listening to, exercise and playing the guitar here, plus the time to time beer can be a plus.

I also sometimes work but they will never know when I don't.
You know that moment when some of the common humor doesnt make any sense to you? im in that place. I can try more happy musics tho.
exercising is helping, but too little by its own.
I have a real long family story of alcoholism, so no to beers

thanks for the reply <3

TheChimeraMonster

The pandemic hasn't really effected me cause my life consists of being at home all the time anyway with no social interaction in real life so it's nothing new to me. The only way it's effected me negatively is that it's meant my mother has had to be at home all year cause of her job and I'm not used to that, so thats driven me crazy having no time to myself. I've just cried my way through it. Had multiple breakdowns, panic attacks, depression, crying most days, trying to distract myself until its over. I'm just waiting it out
Im so sorry you are having it this way. It can be shit living with your parents, I know that too well.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
I have always been a bit of a recluse, so in some ways things didn't change a whole lot for me. Yet the being completely isolated has taken it's toll. I recently started attending an online Zoom support group. My hope was that interacting with other people with the same condition as mine, and seeing faces and such might help. I've been going for about a month now and I've found it helpful.

Job hunting right now is hard. When I was looking for a job I would set a time for job hunting just like if I was working, so I would look for jobs from 8-10 each day or whatever time you want to set. That help me to focus and send out applications and what not. It made it less of a looming thing of "oh and I need to look for a job". I'd do my searching in the morning, and then be done for the day.

Angie

Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Since about last March I haven't been doing any social things that I had been able to do before.

I haven't gone to my crochet/knitting group, although that has re-opened with new spacing and rules. The Senior Center opened briefly and then closed as folks got the virus there. I don't have people from outside my apartment building neighbors in my apartment, so I miss my friend Stephanie. The common areas of my apartment building are closed/chained/blocked off.

I have friends here in the building and I speak to them in the smoking area or in passing in the halls, and we share food often (that means someone turns up at your door with a plate of food and says "here, enjoy" and goes back to their apartment). So in that sense I'm less isolated than when I moved here.

I've only driven out of my small town once since last February and that was to a doctor appointment. That was a 3 hour round trip and I had a hard time with it. Out of practice I suppose and mind numbingly anxious.

I have been crocheting/knitting quite a bit. The nice thing about yarn art as a hobby is I end up with lots of Christmas presents. I enjoy reading when my concentration lets me. I also spend time here at SF's chat room, its a real life saver for me regarding social interaction.

I hope I haven't rambled too much. God bless you as you work on figuring things out.

dissolve.

It's been a horrible year for everybody, no doubt. I've lost my uncle and my best friend this summer, within a week of each other, which didn't make it easier. On top of the global stress, I have to deal with my own grief, the grief of my family, and just accepting the amount of loss and death surrounding me. So honestly, if it wasn't for the occasional glass of mulled wine in the evenings and shower scrubs I would probably do a lot worse.

I have been a bit disappointed that a few people I considered close friends stopped reaching out to even check if I am okay, it's like they just disappeared. Unless I text or call, they don't, so I've stopped doing that..

I am trying my best to count my blessings during this crazy year as much as I can... I didn't lose my job, my health is in tact, my family is so far healthy and no one has gone through the hell of catching the virus, I have a roof over my head, things have not been as unpredictable for me as they have been for many of my friends and people that I know in general. I try to do things to help people out, which makes me a bit better in general. But my anxiety and depression have definitely gone through the roof regardless, it's just been one very, very yucky year. 🌧️

It's been a horrible year for everybody, no doubt. I've lost my uncle and my best friend this summer, within a week of each other, which didn't make it easier. On top of the global stress, I have to deal with my own grief, the grief of my family, and just accepting the amount of loss and death surrounding me. So honestly, if it wasn't for the occasional glass of mulled wine in the evenings and shower scrubs I would probably do a lot worse.

I have been a bit disappointed that a few people I considered close friends stopped reaching out to even check if I am okay, it's like they just disappeared. Unless I text or call, they don't, so I've stopped doing that..

I am trying my best to count my blessings during this crazy year as much as I can... I didn't lose my job, my health is in tact, my family is so far healthy and no one has gone through the hell of catching the virus, I have a roof over my head, things have not been as unpredictable for me as they have been for many of my friends and people that I know in general. I try to do things to help people out, which makes me a bit better in general. But my anxiety and depression have definitely gone through the roof regardless, it's just been one very, very yucky year. 🌧️
so sorry for your losses *sadhug

sorry about your close friends not reaching out anymore either, that makes things harder. When I went through grief people stopped talking to me too, I think they think they're doing whats best, as if they think you want to be left alone, but actually it makes us feel worse being abandoned. I admitted it to a close friend and they said they didnt want to make me feel worse by saying the wrong things/didnt know what to say, so I explained that not saying anything makes me feel worse and I need to talk, so they asked me if it was ok to talk about ordinary everyday things and I said yes, we dont have to talk about my grief all the time and they then understood and talked to me which helped a lot. It's almost like we have to reach out to others for support when grieving ironically, otherwise I think everyone assumes you want to be left alone. I do wish people would actually just straight up ask you though "would you prefer to be left alone right now or would you prefer to have my company?" rather than just assuming. I hope they reach out to you soon ♥

this year has been horrendous. one huge surreal nightmare. I still can't get my head around it.
sending love
x

dissolve.

so sorry for your losses *sadhug

sorry about your close friends not reaching out anymore either, that makes things harder. When I went through grief people stopped talking to me too, I think they think they're doing whats best, as if they think you want to be left alone, but actually it makes us feel worse being abandoned. I admitted it to a close friend and they said they didnt want to make me feel worse by saying the wrong things/didnt know what to say, so I explained that not saying anything makes me feel worse and I need to talk, so they asked me if it was ok to talk about ordinary everyday things and I said yes, we dont have to talk about my grief all the time and they then understood and talked to me which helped a lot. It's almost like we have to reach out to others for support when grieving ironically, otherwise I think everyone assumes you want to be left alone. I do wish people would actually just straight up ask you though "would you prefer to be left alone right now or would you prefer to have my company?" rather than just assuming. I hope they reach out to you soon ♥

this year has been horrendous. one huge surreal nightmare. I still can't get my head around it.
sending love
x
I completely agree with you, and I am so sorry you had to go through the grief you dealt with as well.. ❤️ I do agree with you, sometimes people really do not know what to do when they see someone close to them deal with the loss of a loved one. But in my case with 2 of my friends, it happened way before that. One of them got a girlfriend who doesn't let him talk to me, most likely, or, I'm just not fun anymore since he started dating, so he actually removed me from all of his social media without any explanation. The other one, unless I reach out to her, she never calls or texts anymore, they don't even know what I went through, and frankly they don't even care. Which is okay, life goes on.

I completely agree with you, and I am so sorry you had to go through the grief you dealt with as well.. ❤️ I do agree with you, sometimes people really do not know what to do when they see someone close to them deal with the loss of a loved one. But in my case with 2 of my friends, it happened way before that. One of them got a girlfriend who doesn't let him talk to me, most likely, or, I'm just not fun anymore since he started dating, so he actually removed me from all of his social media without any explanation. The other one, unless I reach out to her, she never calls or texts anymore, they don't even know what I went through, and frankly they don't even care. Which is okay, life goes on.
that's horrible, people shouldn't let their partner control who they talk to. You were there first and people cant just throw you away like that. If I ever had a partner who told me to stop talking to a friend I'd ditch the partner, not the friend. Sounds pretty possessive and paranoid. You deserve better than that. That's awful too, some "friends". People can be so crappy, I've had a lot of friends in my life who didn't care when I was suffering and it broke me. To this day I feel worthless because of it.

You're really strong ♥

dissolve.

that's horrible, people shouldn't let their partner control who they talk to. You were there first and people cant just throw you away like that. If I ever had a partner who told me to stop talking to a friend I'd ditch the partner, not the friend. Sounds pretty possessive and paranoid. You deserve better than that. That's awful too, some "friends". People can be so crappy, I've had a lot of friends in my life who didn't care when I was suffering and it broke me. To this day I feel worthless because of it.

You're really strong ♥
Your worth is not defined by other people's ignorant actions. ❤️ I feel like as we get older, at least we kind of learn when we shouldn't give our time to some people that really don't deserve it. Sending hugs your way!

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
I'm graceful to live in a country that handles the pandemics well. Life is pretty much close to normal. People wear masks outside like it's a part of everyday life now.

Though, I still want to kill myself everyday. It has been 2 years now. Previous therapist sessions were bad experience to me.
I think I might have spent too much time here instead of working. It's good that I found a safe place.

TheChimeraMonster

I'm graceful to live in a country that handles the pandemics well. Life is pretty much close to normal. People wear masks outside like it's a part of everyday life now.

Though, I still want to kill myself everyday. It has been 2 years now. Previous therapist sessions were bad experience to me.
I think I might have spent too much time here instead of working. It's good that I found a safe place.
Well, my country is exactly the oposite, and we kinda of are one of the biggest on death numbers for the pandemic, aaaaaand no one cares. Its exactly this, not a single soul cares about the deaths until you lose someone.

johnDoen

Outsider in the Realm of Lost and Found
Well, my country is exactly the oposite, and we kinda of are one of the biggest on death numbers for the pandemic, aaaaaand no one cares. Its exactly this, not a single soul cares about the deaths until you lose someone.
It's unfortunate to hear that. Please stay strong and safe. There are vaccines but no cure to that virus so wearing masks and frequent handwashing are still necessary.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00