How I Finally Got To Sleep

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Player1LFG, Apr 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Player1LFG

Player1LFG Member

Having suffered from insomnia for years (periods of time where I've gone nearly a week without sleep) I think I've finally found something that's somewhat cured my condition, and I'd love to share it with everyone.

ASMR is short for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response, which is basically a tingling sensation in the head, neck, and upper back that one gets from surround sound audio without the use of physical contact. Sometimes, visual cues are used to aid in this sensation, but it's mostly caused by high-quality audio. There are a number of ASMR artists online, particularly YouTube - some that I recommend checking out are HeatherFeather, VeniVidiVulpes, and TheWaterWhispers.

The videos range from sound-slices (15 minutes) to full-hour roleplays (1-1:45 hours) and although they don't effect everyone, they've worked wonders for me and the community that follows them. You don't require any special headphones - I use basic earbuds and get the full effect, so there's nothing you have to go out and purchase. There are some that are medical roleplays, fantasy roleplays, and some that are just interesting a relaxing surround sounds - something for everyone.

I hope that this helps someone else with their insomnia as much as it's helped me, I find the best method is to open YouTube on your smartphone and keep it plugged in on a nightstand or under your pillow so you can lay down comfortably and fall asleep. The YouTube app shuts down a couple minutes after the video stops, so the chances of the battery dying are slim to none if it's charged over halfway.

Hope this helps, and sweet dreams!

2. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

wow, that is awesome. I didn't know that's what it was, I remember one of my therapist's voice had almost put me to sleep and I always wondered what it was, now I know. It actually calms you down! I'm stunned. Thank you thank you for sharing

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.