How i got over my PTSD with out any help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chernarus

i just kept triggering it until it didnt trigger anymore this is very dangerous to do and it caused me several suicide attempts but i no longer have PTSD i still wont talk about what happened but it no longer bothers me.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
That's great that you have gotten over it.
Maybe it wasn't the easiest route you could have taken but you did get over it, and I am happy for you :hug:
:heart:

D

Dave_N

i just kept triggering it until it didnt trigger anymore this is very dangerous to do and it caused me several suicide attempts but i no longer have PTSD i still wont talk about what happened but it no longer bothers me.
I agree that this is probably one of the most dangerous ways to overcome an emotional issue, but it got the job done. It seems logical though. Instead of avoiding the 'trigger', confront it. Not for the faint of heart though.

I have a PTSD and it's pretty much driving me nuts. My mind seems to completely dismiss the fact that I DO NOT want to think about certain things and is throwing them at me again and again. Almost like a holiday.

ozinuk

I relive my PSTD every night, every time I look into the sky I relive it. I've carried it around now for 14 yrs the last 10 in the Uk with little or no support it all depends on the cause I suppose.

Hazel

SF & Antiquitie's Friend
Staff Alumni
After 10yrs of living with PTSD & the resulting phobias, depression, nightmares, flashbacks ect, I eventually had CBT (on the NHS) I had previously had other talking therapies and am still on antidepressants.
But CBT did for me what nothing else had, it helped me face my worst nightmares, basically what you did Chernarus but in a controlled manner and under the supervision of a trained therapist.
So if you haven't tried CBT for your PTSD, I'd say its worth checking it out.

forlorn

Staff Alumni
Ive just started a condition management program for my ptsd. I got on it through the jobcentre but its run by the nhs. Cbt amongst others things it covers and I get a free gym membership. Just hope it works, lived with ptsd since my crash in 2001. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00