How i hate valentines day

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Hurted, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

4 days more... god, how i hate it... everyone is happy and in love, but i will have to watch her how she will hug other guy...
  2. Only1?

Only1? Active Member

Well I will forever more associate it with the inquest into my husbands suicide so yeah suppose it wont be too good this year.

But as far as a day goes itself, its just marketing, Im not into materialistic shit so there are 364 other days I can be loving to my now fiance, another will have to do............saves on cards I suppose :laugh:
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

4. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

Get some single mates together and go out and get pissed. You will find lots of single people out who are just up fo a laugh. Celebrate being single. Bein in a relationship is not all it is cracked up to be. Maybe tht is cos I am very unconsiderate etc so is just easier to think about my self.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i hate it too...seeing couples happy pisses me off
  6. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

It's fucking disgusting... :puke: errrrgh...
  7. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

i've never been bothered about it .. don't know what i'll make of valentine's day when i'm in a relationship..
  8. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

valentines day is another corporate holiday for them to monopolize on and make millions of dollars. All they do is sell pointless shit to say you love someone, why not say it everyday and show it everyday. you don't need to purchase some pointless shit to say i love you

just my two cents
  9. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Well yeah... but it simbolise love...
  10. Panther

Panther Well-Known Member

how very true :smile:
  11. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

Screw V day, unless March 14th is also recognized
  12. I usually just e-mail my friends (they know it's a joke) with a nicely decorated message that says:

13. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

Kanani has it: pointless shit to be bought and sold when you should be trying your hardest to let someone know you care for them every day.
  14. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I know I'm unlovable. But to have an actual day to throw it in my face is too much!!!!
  15. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

:laugh: I know the feeling. :hysterica
  16. the_nihilist_reason

the_nihilist_reason Antiquities Friend

I hate valentines day

Suppose there will be quite the get-together on SF on Thursday. :type:
  17. Re: I hate valentines day

I thought of something - why wait till then?? Bummer day for many, and some don't care at all (and yeah - it IS too GD commercial and in your FACE!!)

I thought we could make our own fun (for those who wish to do so)

Here's a start:

"Roses are red
    Poppies are too
    and I need the opium
    to keep me with you"

(written by Minx – from “The Inner Minx” website)
    (anti-valentine e-cards)
    (anti-valentine gifts)
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  18. daytona0

daytona0 Active Member

a lot of people do that as well as celebrate valentines day.

It strikes me as odd that everyone hates couples because of how they celebrate V day, yet couples dont hate single people because of the way they celebrate V day (or not in your case).

If people want to spend money on V day, then thats their choice - who are we to judge people we dont know? Or is it a very crude generalisation? 'well my ex did this and that on V day, so therefore everyone who celebrates V day an asshole'?
  19. Shiro Ryuu

Shiro Ryuu Member

Well, Kanani's right. Its all about profit. But still, everything this holiday stands for makes me puke, and wish that every single human will die and burn in hell.