How I turn a frown into a smile

Discussion in 'Positive Feelings and Motivational Messages' started by Dharma4815162342, Nov 23, 2009.

1. Dharma4815162342

Dharma4815162342 Well-Known Member

It took me a long time to realize this, but I DO have control over my emotions. And while I don't always use that control to make myself happy I do so more often than naught. What usually happens is that I will be listening to music, reading a book, or watching a movie and this huge wave of lonliness will hit me. I will sit on my bed and surround myself in my misery then something snaps. And I remind myself I have two options:
    1. I can sit here and wallow and become more and more depressed and take that roller coaster down to hell that I am so use to.

2. I can get up and do something about it.

Now, sometimes I don't have the energy to do anything about it and sometimes even when I get up nothing helps. But USUALLY I end up forgetting about my lonliness and being happy. What do I do?

I do what makes me happy. I take a walk, I play the piano, I call a relative (not to complain but to talk), I call some friends and play rock band or go to a movie, the point is I do anything that gets me out of my room and into the real world. Cause even though its not a perfect place it does bring me joy and I just have to remind myself of that.
  2. DrivEthermissIon

DrivEthermissIon Banned Member

Wonderful you figured that out, good for you! ^__^ :hugtackles: