How is it that we can be surrounded by people and yet still be so lonely?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anarulesmenow, Nov 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I have a lot of friends and family, yet I still feel lonely. I probably shouldn't yet I do.
  2. All these mixed emotions

All these mixed emotions Well-Known Member

just a guess...

maybe you dont feel they undersatnd you or that you can relate to them or talk to them about everything...

thank the internets for providing that option atleast :)

3. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

I feel exactly the same way, and I know that I feel lonely because as was just suggested, I don't believe that anyone really understands me. (Hell, I don't even understand myself; how are they supposed to?!)

You're not alone with this though. I think that's why we reach out here, to find people who can relate to our thoughts and feelings, etc.

4. Tish

Tish Member

i feel like this a lot to. i don't know if it's a lack of people understand. for me it's a lack of someone close to me in the way that i sometimes need. someone you share your heart and soul with willingly (not necessarily gf/bf/wife/husband/ect). i have lots of friend and family and even close friends and family but no one i'm completely close to.
    i'm not sure that made sense.
    either way here's a giraffe that i hope makes you smile: :Leiaha:
  5. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

I think that's what it is with me. I need that close gf/bf relationship.
  6. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I have heard it said that there is no worse feeling of aloneness than feeling alone amogst people. Especially if that person is a significant other. I think the sound of aloneness in that case can be deafening.
  7. Deanna

Deanna Active Member

I think you hit the nail on the head! I grew up in a small house with a lot of people, and the sense of loneliness was profound.
  8. MiraWolf95

MiraWolf95 Account Closed

Heres my point of view. I can be in a room full of people and still feel lonely. As a matter of fact this happens a lot. The reason why for me is because I don't feel close to anybody in the room. Like I don't belong with them. In order to cure my loneliness, I have to be with people I do feel close to. People I can trust and share my interests with. I also have to relate to them in some way. Its no mystery why I feel alone in a crowded room cause those reasons are why.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.