How is your hair? :)

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Khvde, Jul 11, 2016.

1. Khvde

Khvde Well-Known Member

Tell me all about your hair. :D (colour, length, model...)
    How do you wear it, up or down?

My mom says my natural hair looks bad so according to her, I should either straighten or curl my hair, if I want to wear it down. Otherwise, in her opinion, I should wear my hair up. :(
    Is there anyone who experiences the same with me? :)

By the way, I have blackish brown hair which ends at the middle of my back.
    Jenumbra and Inanimate like this.
  2. Rockclimbinggirl

Rockclimbinggirl SF climber Staff Member Safety & Support

My hair is straight and it is dark brown almost black. I wear my hair down most of the time and it ends just past my shoulders.
    Khvde likes this.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Mine is about mid length, naturally curly but is very sleek and shiny when straightened. Natural hair color is a dark blonde, but I have dyed it red for a year or two. Now it's a dark red color but a bit faded. Usually wear it in a ponytail and sometimes down.
    Khvde likes this.
  4. Inanimate

Inanimate Well-Known Member

I have black, wavy to curly hair, and it's medium length I suppose. I'm male, in case that's relevant. I always wear it down; I don't have it raised or gather my hair into a ponytail or the likes. I keep the sides and back relatively short and the top several inches longer at the most nowadays. I have the top brushed to the right but also try to make it look so that it doesn't look brushed -- I guess my hair is fringe-ish. I used to straighten my hair every day because I despised how it looked naturally, but since my inpatient therapy in November 2014, I've accepted it and only straighten it occasionally now. The most I generally do to it is use a smoothing shampoo and conditioner and apply a leave-in smoothing and conditioning cream after it's towel-dried.

I actually had thought about creating a thread like this a few months back, but I felt weird about it...? So thank you. :D
    Jenumbra and Khvde like this.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

My hair is long and dyed blonde although I'm a natural blonde too. It has layers all over it, with brown low lights underneath it :)
    Khvde likes this.
  6. BlackKitty

BlackKitty Active Member

My hair is strawberry blonde long, goes to the middle of my back. I prefer to wear it down, but when it's hot out, I have to put it in a ponytail. I think I look so ugly when it's in a ponytail, bleah.
  7. baywasp

baywasp The crappiest rugger

My hair is a little longer than shoulder-length; I guess that's a bit long since I'm a guy. The lower part is still blond from when I dyed it last summer, but my natural brown is growing back in, and I'm too lazy to go back and get it dyed again. It's a tiny bit wavy at the bottom too. I never put it up. Well, every once in a while I try to corral it all in a rubber band to see what it feels like, but I don't really like how it looks.

I was thinking of getting it cut, but both times I've decided I will, a stranger has complimented me on it, which made me not want to.
  8. Kitten

Kitten Active Member

My hair is wayv/straight, long and dark brunette. The front was hacked by a hairdresser so I'm waiting for it to grow back out. :[ When the sun is shining on it, you can see some tints of bronze/goldish color.

I'm normally too lazy, so I let it air dry and just put my bangs back. Sometimes I straighten it and I've been attempting to curl it.
  9. SinisterKid

SinisterKid Safety & Support SF Supporter

Mines a friggin mess and needs cutting. Its been a year since it was touched. I dont really like having it cut, so always put it off as long as I can. But then family get on my case and hassle me to get it cut. Last time I got it shaved, Kojak style. That shut em all up. The bambino loved it though and wants me to do it again, so I just might.
  10. mentalhealthnurse

mentalhealthnurse Well-Known Member

I just had mine cut, it's in a plain, short bob. It needs dyed, the roots are horrendous, but I don't care enough just now. So it's brown roots and blond tips.
  11. Yoyogirl86

Yoyogirl86 Well-Known Member

its brown, boring medium length that i am fed up with but cant be bothered to change it so will settle for what ive got.
  12. Louise K

Louise K Active Member

I have long black hair which drops just below my shoulder. My partner likes it that way as they can stroke it when we kiss.
  13. Corvette

Corvette Member

oh I thought you meant what condition is it in. My hair was very thick but I have lost quite a lot of thickness over the last seven years from serve stress. Hair is important to peoples self esteem so I was quite depressed of the hair loss. Its weird cause I lost hair over my body too! Anyway I am trying not to think about it as the more I worry the more stress cortisol hormone I produce so that will make it worse. My hair is dark brown, wavy not curly anymore :(
  14. Serein

Serein SF Supporter

My hair is really long, which by the way reminds me that I need a hair cut. ;)
  15. Mira_Ciara

Mira_Ciara Active Member

My natural color is this ashy dirty blonde color but I bleach highlights through it to make it more lively so at the moment that's how it is color wise.
    I maintain my hair at a medium length. Don't like it too short nor too long. I straighten it cause naturally it's very thick & curly. I keep my bangs cut short but not short enough to have a bowl cut. When I go places I like to part them to one side. I wear my hair down when I go out. Just recently I started doing Pig-Tails inspired by Harley Quinn that suite me sometimes. When I'm home I always have it up in a pony tail cause I can't stand for my hair to hang in my face.
  16. Deety

Deety Well-Known Member

I have thick darkish brown hair with a slight wave to it. It is long (almost waist length) but I normally wear it up, usually coiled around in a bun or plaited and folded over several times with a large clip to secure it for work. I have widow's peaks as well, and due to hair breakage get wispy bits that look like devil's horns! I clip those down for work too lol.
  17. Sometwo

Sometwo Member

Have you tried mousse? My hair is naturally thin and limp and sheds so much I'm surprised I have any left, but I recently discovered mousse and now it's much thicker.
  18. dissolve.

dissolve. Member

my hair used to be very short for years, but just last year i started to grow it, and it has reached my waist. :) it is long, thick and relatively straight. i'm a ginger.
    one thing i don't like about it is that some days when wake up and it decides to be messed up, there is nothing i can do about it, it just has its own way of destroying me, lol.