How I've Come to Abhor The Dawn...

Discussion in 'Poet's Corner' started by FoundAndLost1, Feb 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. How I’ve come
    to abhor The Dawn
    How the light mocks me,
    promising falsely another day of chance
    to move forward and away
    from the pain I’ve danced to
    It offers me nothing but the same,
    regret, and shame,
    and hopelessness;
    caught in the chain
    of moments
    that never alter
    as again I stumble
    and falter
    Life has damned my soul
    to the night
    Dawn, keep to yourself
    your tormenting light
    I’m lost to the dark
    and cannot bear the sight

FAL1

2. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: Good grief!:eek:hmy: What a painfully beautiful expression of your feelings.:sad: I had hoped that your 'hospital-induced' turn for the better would last longer than it seems to have. Please don't give up all hope. Have you told your Pdoc how your feelings are getting worse? If not, please do, and insist that s/he find a way to counter the increasingly negative feelings.

love and hugs,:hug:

least

3. It was a sweet break from 'real life,' but I've fallen into it again. I'm in another program next week but I think I'm just plain damned. I don't have the strenght to fight anymore. I'm an alcoholic who's had too much pain (like many others) and the only time I feel normal is when I've had a drink. Each day, a new one, is a reminder of all my strenghts that have let me, but more my failures. I'm so tired. Im sorry you are too...

FAL1

4. theleastofthese

No, you're NOT "just plain damned". You're not, I say, and I won't let you be damned. How I'm going to prevent that is a good question, but prevent it I will. I love you, you're my friend, DON'T LET GO!!! Take my hand, damn it, please. I feel like shit a lot lately too, but I'm just going to vent a lot and rise above it. You can too. Your words are the strongest thing about you - use them to raise your spirits. Please? I care!:smile: :hug:

love,

least

5. My words... MY WORDS?? They're like pissin' into the the wind. My life is like that. They/It mean NOTHING!

"Life is but a poor player who frets and struts his hour upon the stage and then is heard no more" - Shakespeare

FAL1

6. theleastofthese

Like pissin' into the wind?? But they are NOTICED by so many and also express the feelings of others so well. You are not 'nothing'. You are SOMEONE, and what's more, you are someone who is loved by many!

love,

least

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.