How long after cutting can it be left before stitching the wound?

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by GoldenPsych, Sep 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoldenPsych

GoldenPsych Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if I had self harmed by cutting and it required stitches what is the time limit it can be left before it can't be stitched at the ED.

I am still really struggling. The zopliclone didn't work last night and I know tonight there is nothing I can do to stop the feelings from emerging and getting worse and worse as the days goes on. I have tried all day to keep busy, I have tried distraction techniques. My last distraction technique is going to be watching X-factor and then a really scary film....I'm sure that will help with the sleep!
  2. confusedgirl

confusedgirl Well-Known Member

It would be best to go asap to hospital if u did cut bad, but hopefully you wont, youve gone all day distracting yourself and you should be proud you've got this far! Well done. Keep talking here Hun xx
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I say go in to emerg now and talk to someone about getting a different med maybe to help get yu through or just to talk to someone there okay keep you on top of things don't wait until it gets worse.
  4. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

Stop procrastinating and GO>>>>>get some treatment and that in itself will ally your fear and you'll feel better.
  5. GoldenPsych

I've not cut....not yet anyway. But I am planning on it later. Having it there is something that is making me feel chilled out. When I cut I always make it bad. There is something that wont let me stop at superficial. I don't feel the pain when I do it. It's quite weird that I am getting ready for it like I would for a night out! Not as in I am getting ready to go to hospital but the way in which I think. How I have calmed down, my heart rate has slowed, I feel less tense. So you can imagine what it is actually like for me once I actually do it. I wish I could stitch myself which is the only thing.

If anyone is watching x-factor are you just so relieved that that chav Chloe Victoria didn't get through! It was bad enough last yeat with Jedward!
  6. MaNg0s

MaNg0s Well-Known Member

Hey sorry to hear you feel soo sucky. But I know what you get mean when you say it makes you feel chilled out like all the blocked up tension is released when you do cut, It used to be a nightly thing for me to do a routine where I used to cut and have a cig straight after used to enjoy it but its not healthy. Go get the cut looked at if it does seem wide or deep. I know it feels good when your doing it but its not fun living with the discomfort after its all done and having to hide it. Hope you feel better.
  7. GoldenPsych

I only cut on my legs so I keep it hidden. I have not for the figure to wear short skirts etc. And if I have to wear a swimming costume and anyone notices I say I fell on to a coffee table while drunk. I have a few scars on my arms and I don't go for cutting on them anymore. My worst there was when I was drunk and it was stupid. But even though it's a massive scar it's quite faded so you don't really notice it that much. And I get away with wearing long sleeves. OK, so I work in mental health and if anyone sees the scars they will automatically assume that they are from DSH as I do when I see some random person with scars but I think the general public in general wont automatically think that.
  8. confusedgirl

Lol so pleased she didnt get thru she was a right mess, how are you feeling? x
  9. GoldenPsych

Loads better. But that is cos I have cut.
  10. confusedgirl

:( sorry it got so bad, you've done well today tho so well done, hope your looking after those cuts tho? If u need hospital make sure you get the treatment you need, stay strong xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.