How long does it Take?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by nolove89, May 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nolove89

nolove89 Active Member

I stoped taking my Depression pills for 3 days now. I know it take about 3 weeks for anti depression pills to get in your system, My question is how long does it take for them to leave you're system.

Yes I want to die, and I don't have the fucking Balls to jump off a 30 story building ATM.

I'd like a quick answer.

2. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

It depends on the dosage you were on, how long you have been taking them and the person themself. I caution you though dont quit them cold turkey. Gradually wean yourself off them and let your doctor know you are doing so. The withdrawl from just stopping them is Hell. If you have stopped them 3 days ago you should start to know what I'm talking about. Drink plenty of water to try and help your body purge itself from the drugs. Good luck.

3. Bostonensis

Bostonensis Guest

48 hours I believed. Nolove, meds help me function everyday. It takes me almost three years of trial & error to finally find a combination that works for me. There is no single Rx that works the 1st time. Together with my psych we figure out after a long long time, even that , we have to switch to another like I am on Lexapro,& when it losses its efficacy,I will switch to Celexa for mabye two weeks & back again to Lexapro.

Keep your Dr. know updated with every meds you have tried & finally you will find a good combination that will work for you. I take Lexapro ,Dextrostat, & Temazepam & Xanax when I am in distress.

I can function now before I am totally a vegetable. Playing tennis also keep me in shape & appetite. You have to declare war against this illness.

Don't lose hope. Cling to it , the only way to battle inequities in life is Hope. The road to change our destiny is to hope. Mother Nature is sometimes cruel but I see the most of it as to testify that we are part of it & sometimes she has no choice to spare the innocent when she give us snow storms & tsunami.

This is getting long.Ciao

Last edited: May 7, 2008
  4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

All my meds were stopped by an arrogant psychiatrist in a post-suicide attempt facility. It only took a day before I had an incredibly bad migraine that wouldn't stop, and dizziness so bad I couldn't get out of bed, or even turn my head or my eyes. Last November I was in the hospital having almost all my large intestine removed, and one of my meds was only available by mouth. Just losing the Comipramine made me think people were after me, or people were there who really weren't. Strange. So, I suspect different meds affect withdrawal differently. How's that for a non-answer.

I don't think stopping meds is likely to result in death. It will just make you wish all the more that you were dead.

5. nolove89

nolove89 Active Member

well I have never cried in 4 years and since I stopped taking My meds 3 days ago I finally cried. Which makes me feel normal. I guessing in about 3 more days ill end up dead or in another Hospital. Which will be my 5th time going, but the weird and funny thing is. I fucking Love hospitals. I mean all the people there all have problems. No one is happy, which makes me fit right in and I make a lot of friends while I'm there, since I'm so nice and funny. I could live in a hospital for years and I'd have a Blast. BTW only when I'm at a hospital is the only time girls hit on me LOL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.