How long does yours last?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by sad panda, Sep 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sad panda

sad panda Well-Known Member

Me personally, it hasn't really gone away for about a year, just days here and there where finding a reason to get outta bed seems kinda possible :mellow:
  2. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

This episode has been ongoing for nearly a year and a half. It has taken everything out of me. I'm about to give up.
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

For almost a year now since my bro committed suicide and i wasnt there and my daughter attempt just too much.
  4. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

A long, long time. Thankfully, the medicine I take keeps it from being too deep most of the time.
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Too long... Many, many years. And I'm just 17
  6. SAVE_ME

SAVE_ME Well-Known Member

About 3 years so far. Since my 2nd year of sixth form.
  7. EmptyLife

EmptyLife Well-Known Member

i haven't enjoyed anything in 31 years, and i have personal reasons to believe my depression started way before that.
    when i read about children dying, i think, if only i could trade places with them. they deserve to live to be adults, and i should have died as a child.
  8. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

My whole life pretty much. It hit the hardest when I turned 18 and had to figure out a life for myself :heart:
  9. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Since I was twelve and I am fifty two now..My meds keep me level but some days I really get low and the meds don't help...
  10. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

3 years, and it has gotten better the past few months but I still have those bad days/weeks.
  11. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

I don't know.I used to be more functional but was miserable and hid it well.I was diagnosed with depression as a teen ager and was on medication for a while as a teen.But as an adult I was shoved aside....fell right through the cracks.Now I don't want to hide it anymore so I isolate myself...I am definately worse than ever before in my life and hope the new meds work soon because I have symtoms of more than just depression now.20 years of treading water,walking a fine line,and pushing away people....and I recall someone telling me when I was 18..that I would just have to live with the depression.And have a nice life.
  12. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

it stops?
  13. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

since I was around 12 or 13. There may be times in there where I'll go at most a month where I feel okay but it never truly goes away for me.
  14. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

I have episodes that last 24 hours to 3 or 4 days, and then I seem to do something that gradually gets me back into a mode where at least im functional. Im having one of those periods right now, but its proving hard to shake this time round.
  15. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

wow Save-Me that was so interesting i could read every word cool.
  16. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

I could too :biggrin:
  17. pither

pither Well-Known Member

Same here- it kind of all fades into one long bout with a few "maybe okay" days sprinkled in.
  18. Daydreams

Daydreams Well-Known Member

I dont think it ever really goes away, sometimes I'm distracted enough I don't notice it... other times I'm just numb to it... have been numb to it for the last 2 years and its rather unpleasant 'waking' up to it now, as the feelings are all fresh again... so I'm expecting things to get worse before they get better.
  19. raincloud

raincloud Well-Known Member

I have felt nothing but various shades of depression for as long as I can remember. No exaggeration --I've had times I was able to get up and go to a job or school, but I have very deep-seated self-esteem issues and have just had so many awful things happen in my life. It's always looming.
  20. Vangelis

Vangelis Well-Known Member

Happiness only lasts a few minutes for me, about once a month...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.