How long have you been like this?

Curiosity question....how long has everyone been like ‘this’...when I say I know you know what I mean...thoughts of taking your own life? I just wonder how long someone can struggle....I have been at this 3 years and am getting real tired but as I have indicated numerous times, am here because of my family and fears of going to hell. Thank you,

Wispiwill

I don't know exactly how long but I'm fairly certain we're talking probably about 40 years give or take. I keep giving myself goal posts and then moving them. I don't think of trying to survive my whole life or however long my natural life would be - more sort of, just make it till my kid is x years old but the x keeps changing. Not sure if that helps but, you asked.

I don't know exactly how long but I'm fairly certain we're talking probably about 40 years give or take. I keep giving myself goal posts and then moving them. I don't think of trying to survive my whole life or however long my natural life would be - more sort of, just make it till my kid is x years old but the x keeps changing. Not sure if that helps but, you asked.
That does help. 40 years is a long time....good for you. I commend you for being able to stay for that long.

Holding my breath

SF Pro
SF Supporter
For me the depression crept up on me over a number of years. But being actively suicidal for around 18 months. I fear it is here to stay but 40 years sounds exhausting. I’m so sorry you’ve had to live like this for so long. 😕

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
Although I don't want to take my own life as opposed to never wanting to live or enjoying life for me it goes back many decades over 40 years.

About 25 years, with the last 10 being the worst. It used to be more intermittent, but now it's a constant struggle. The older I get, the more hopeless I become. I have suicidal thoughts daily at this point.

Nick

☆☆Admin-tastic ☆☆
Safety & Support
SF Social Media
SF Artist
SF Supporter
For me it's 30 yrs plus a few. It's still there, the thoughts still come and play with my mind. It's not nearly as bad as it was a couple years ago, or a year ago even. A lot has changed for me in the last few years. This year has been incredibly hard, yet the suicidal desire is still not as immediate as in the past.

Waves

Curiosity question....how long has everyone been like ‘this’...when I say I know you know what I mean...thoughts of taking your own life? I just wonder how long someone can struggle....I have been at this 3 years and am getting real tired but as I have indicated numerous times, am here because of my family and fears of going to hell. Thank you,
Three years actively.

Thauoy

Curiosity question....how long has everyone been like , am here because of my family and fears of going to hell. Thank you,
I have been like this since my childhood. But I attempted suicide only when I am 26. Now I am 33. Me too because of fears of enduring far more suffering in the afterlife. Suicide is strictly condemned in almost all religions. There must be some truth about it. I think those who die by suicide never get peace in the afterlife. I haven't heard anyone saying if you suicide , your suffering and pain will end and you will go to paradise.

GMody

I have had suicidal thoughts off and on since three years. Sometimes mild, other times severe. I have two methods but they are painful. My friend's tell me to think about my kids before doing anything rash. BTW I have bipolar disorder and IBS.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00