How long have you been SH-free?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Jackie's Strength, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

Okay, so I know we have a thread regarding the last time we self-harmed. I thought we could put a positive spin on it and also have a thread where we post how long it's been since we self-harmed. Just so we can root for one another and celebrate our successes, no matter how big or small.

I'll start.

For me, it's been 3 days.
  2. Julia-C

Julia-C Well-Known Member

I last.... when Gone In 60 Seconds was playing in the theater. So that's been I guess 8 or 9 years. I only done it about 10 times in my life, and it was a means to keep me grounded.
  3. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

This is such a good idea for a thread :) looking at the positive side not the negative.

I've been SH free for 5 days now... Hopefully this good streak will last.
  4. Green.Triceratops

Green.Triceratops Account Closed

2 weeeks or so.
  5. Ozzy Manson

Ozzy Manson Well-Known Member

2 months, 3 weeks, and 4 days :)
  6. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Must be around a year now. Wow.

7. The Unforgiven

The Unforgiven Well-Known Member

4 years.. woa lol.
  8. the masked depressant

the masked depressant Well-Known Member

9. icequeen

icequeen Well-Known Member

hmmm 7 days or so and still fighting...feel good about that. well done to all
  10. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

it was a week...until last night dammit
  11. eagle

eagle Well-Known Member

about a week
  12. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

22 and a half hours...
  13. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Eight years and loving life more and more every day! Great post! :) :hug:
  14. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

I just wanna say congrats to everyone who made it this far without self-harming. Inflicting harm and punishment on yourself to escape the pain and inner turmoil on the inside never works. Physical pain may seem easier to deal with but the healing has to come from within. Your human;as we all are. No one is perfect and life is a trial and error process.
    Overcoming/overpowering these urges is a big deal, and you all should be very encouraged that you can do this! Keep on keeping on! You have many who are in your corner! :hug:
  15. Booklover123

Booklover123 Member

9 days. I tried to stop before, but started again after 4 days. So I suppose I am making progress....
  16. prophetbirds

prophetbirds Well-Known Member

2 weeks. I can't believe I can go this long. This is the time I think I'm stopping for good.
  17. Jackie's Strength

Jackie's Strength Staff Alumni

I am at nearly a week now.
  18. Monoka

Monoka Well-Known Member

i harm in patches, untill 2 weeks ago it was about 4 months. but 10 times in the last 2 weeks.
  19. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

well done everyone

for me it's been about three months
  20. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

3 months since I last cut myself.. though I've technically been biting my fingers and punching myself (light to medium strength) so I don't know if it counts..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.