How long have you been suicidal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Anonymous2, Nov 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous2

Anonymous2 Well-Known Member

How long have you been suicidal?

Let’s find out if there is any legitimacy to the cliché, “Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.”

Obviously there will be some difference of opinion on what exactly is considered a temporary problem…..but, in my opinion, I would think of temporary as a few months or a few years at most. I’ve been considering suicide since I was about 15 years old. I’m 25 years old now so that’s 10 years; as a result, I would have to say that my suicide would be a permanent solution to a long-term problem.
  2. WishIWasHappy

WishIWasHappy New Member

15 years.

Ever since leaving home, I felt this way. Now 33.
  3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

Ever since ive been 12 :(
    36 now...
  4. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

Since I was 14, am 21 now.
  5. am I alive

am I alive Well-Known Member

for 2 or 3 years
  6. bleach

bleach Well-Known Member

about 3 or 4 years
  7. Robert_Todd

Robert_Todd Member

about 9 Months here for suicidal. I have been depressed for about 5 years though (since my business collapse).
  8. Shogun

Shogun Well-Known Member

Since I was 20, I'm 27 now. So around 7 and a half years and there's no way I'll ever want to live either, I've been suffereing for too long to know that for a fact. I've accepted it now.
  9. deathseeker

deathseeker Guest

6 years, I'm 23 now.
  10. simon

simon Antiquitie's Friend

since december 1990
  11. xighsequite

xighsequite Active Member

I hope none of you are considering suicide solely because you're lonely.

This forum is like... supposed to be a place where you're not. If you haven't tried making friends with anyone here, please do.

The desire to die can be eliminated from almost all of your lives, if that's what you truly wish. You're semi-free humans, after all. Specifically, you're not even in prison, and other than media, there's no psychological torture being forced upon you.

The problem may be that you can't take any action, for whatever reason. But if you do want your feelings to go away, you have to do something; waiting will, most likely, not cause your problems to be solved.

They develop in your brain, so change that. The first step to helping yourself isn't to do what someone requests that you do; you have to think things through on your own, and make a decision you're certain of.

I'm not here because I'm uncertain of my decision - I'm here because I'm bored.
  12. Smashed__

Smashed__ Well-Known Member

truely suicidal, a couple years. I'm seventeen and had bouts since I was eleven or twelve. I've been depressed for many years and its just gotten worse with the self harming.
  13. Aaron

Aaron Well-Known Member

Me too...since i was about twelve but it's been full on for the past year,i pray for amnesia but that's unlikely.
  14. Since I was 7.
  15. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

on and off i supose for the last 6 years without truely understanding it, seriously suicidal for the last 4 months, now i have a reason to
  16. aramaki

aramaki Active Member

Just a couple of months.

Edit - I did try a rather pathetic suicide attempt as a teenager - but that's a long time ago now. Since, I havent had serious suicidal feelings till very recently.

I think my feelings come from specific situations, which trigger a depressive episode, rather than from long term depressive feelings.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2007
  17. Hatemylife88

Hatemylife88 Well-Known Member

Since 14, im now 19.
  18. alwaysincrisis

alwaysincrisis Well-Known Member

30 years........since I was 13.......I'm now 43......
  19. Child_Of_The_Night

Child_Of_The_Night Well-Known Member

On and off since I was eleven and now Im 28. Have had suicidal feelings this time for the last 3 months.
  20. LostMyMind

LostMyMind Well-Known Member

About one year consistently, about 2 years total.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.