How long have you felt suicidal?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Jonathan29, Sep 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jonathan29

Jonathan29 Member

Hello I'm new to the forum and just wanted to know how long people have felt suicidal?

I've felt this way for just over 3 years now and I want to know can people recover from it?
    I've tried many suicide attempts all which have failed unfortunately and have tried various forms of counciling and medication but nothing helps.

I'm desperate and now don't know what else to do

2. Madam Mim

Madam Mim Well-Known Member

Hi Jonathon and welcome to the site.

I have felt suicidal since I was twelve, and I'm now 24. I've been in counselling for a year, but have a long way to go and to be completely honest I don't believe things will ever change for me. But then, I'm still here, so I guess there's some hope.

However, my older sister suffered with depression for many years and had several suicide attempts, but now she is relatively happy and certainly no longer suicidal. I believe that for her it was the combination of the right medication along with support from her husband, and the final clincher - her reason to live, which is her daughter. I suppose we all just need to find our own personal reason to live.

Mim

3. Autumn01

Autumn01 Well-Known Member

Gosh since high school- I'm 31.
    But much more the last few years.

4. Noodle

Noodle Active Member

Since my joints started hurting :( i feel inferior and i won't live a normal life, damn can't even do my hobby anymore, but had depression from a ealier age around 13.

i hope my body comes together, it's been 6 months :'( there is still hope with ice and fish oil.

5. Monsieur

Monsieur Well-Known Member

For about six years now. Things really started going down at age 11, I'm 17 now. Unfortunately my life before that wasn't exactly bunnies and rainbows either. I seemed to have been born a melancholy child with smothering overprotective parents.

6. DannyBoy

DannyBoy Well-Known Member

Up until this year I only had suicidal thoughts briefly and during stressful time.

This year I've been covered in depression, OCD, anxiety problems, and suicide ideation.

I just want the pain to end now.

I'm trying hard to just enjoy the meds I have and maybe I'll start feeling better.

7. Daijou

Daijou Well-Known Member

I've probably been depressed since I was 14 or so, can't really say since I don't remember too well.
    Probably started having suicidal thoughts a year or so after that.
    Then severe urges to end my life around 18, but I always found some stupid reason to hang in there.
    I'm now 20, and not much has changed, but I'm fighting the feelings best I can.

8. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

since i was like 11 i think.. so like 8 years.. :(

9. nolonger

nolonger Well-Known Member

It hasn't really been at the point of suicidal ideation until maybe a year or so ago.
    Things probly started to slide down hill at a slow rate at the end of grade 7. Then it accelerated the following year when I went to highschool. Nearly 3 years in and 2 nearly attempted suicides(I never got around to the point of doing it) later it has gotten a shitload worse. I don't think I'll do to good in the remaining 2 years, wouldn't be surprised if I actually attempt within the next 8 months.

10. No_Life

No_Life Well-Known Member

since the first year of secondary school... so 12 or 13. and it has been gradually getting worse since..

11. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I have felt suicidal for, jeez I don't know how many years. I just know my first attempt was 11 years back.

12. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

Been depressed and anti social since I was 8.
    Now not so anti social but been thinking bout suicide for 3 years about.
    I'm 20 now.

13. Marissa

Marissa Well-Known Member

2 years....

14. XsweetpoetX

XsweetpoetX Well-Known Member

Since I was about 12,so 7 years now.

15. neens

neens Member

Since I started 4th grade, 5 years ago...

16. hollowvoice

hollowvoice Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

since i was bout 13 but even worse the last8 years or so

17. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

What's troubling you then? In order to solve a problem you first have to know what the problem is.

18. stig

stig Well-Known Member

since i was 10, 30 years.

19. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

Anti social?

20. Akita

Akita Well-Known Member

I've been suicidal for many years but I can't remember exactly when I started to be.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.