how long is too late to get medical attention after an OD?

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Oceans, Jun 27, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

I recently took some tablets and I'm wondering how long it takes for the drugs to absorb into your system? Once it is in your system then, there isn't much any reason to go to the doctors, all they can possible do is check the damage. So i'm wondering what is the time frame where you can get medical attention?

2. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

You still have time, get to the hospital, they most likely will give you a charcoal liquid to drink which will help absorb the toxins.

3. Oceans

Oceans Well-Known Member

it was around 10hrs or 12hrs ago, the drugs may have been absorbed but i don't know?

4. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I still would go get checked out by a doctor to make sure has not been any damage done.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I agree...if you feel you need medical attention, then please go and get it...and I hope you are feeling better

6. wild rabbit

wild rabbit Well-Known Member

what did you take? This is important. somethings you can feel fine after taking yet they still harm you. take the packet with you when you go for help xx

7. Ritsu

Ritsu Well-Known Member

they can fix it up to 72 hours after but the longer you leave it the worse it will be for them to fix if its longer than 24 hours its IV drips and lots of pain least it was for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.