How long is "with time"?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Project Atlas, May 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Project Atlas

Project Atlas Member

With things going the way they are I feel like I'd rather die right now. Lots of times I've heard that things get better with time. But how long is that time going to be? I am 19 by the way. How much longer should I hold on? I don't want to have to wait until I am almost 30 for things to improve. I've already lost 4 years to this one issue.
    What should I do? I don't want to live this way until I die naturally (which will be in at least 70 years).
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi Kenneth...maybe it is time to advocate for yourself and make sure you get the care and support you need...the value of time is what we do with it and you deserve to feel better...please PM me if you would like to process what options for care you might have...big hugs, J
  3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

It's not so much that time will settle things.. It's what you do with that time.. Why don't you make a list of positive things you can do and start out slow..Pick one thing off your list and do it..Do you see a therapist?? They can teach you coping skills and just give you an ear to get things off your chest.. And you have us to talk to..
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.