How long till you die from drinking and not eating?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by SadDude1980, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadDude1980

SadDude1980 Well-Known Member

Just want to know as a reference. I have insulin too though because of stupid diabetes since 21. So for those of you that say alcohol will be a long painful death, even if I chain drink like I am now i have options. My wife hates me. hates me hates me. I called in sick today at my new job of 3 weeks to say I had gastro-whatever problems. Really I just can't believe this bomb she dropped on me. Last friday, we're drinking tea at a coffee shop across the street from where I work. Today she wants a divorce. literally. I never should've let that evil little dwarf sh*t (her mother in law) move in with us. Now I'm screwed.
  2. SadDude1980

I don't understand. I got the damn job, make 490 a week to pay for her car and credit card bills. It's been like walking fom one end of the other witha thousand pound weight tied around my ankle. Meaning, where for one person it'd be simple, for me it's an excruciating experience :( I'm so hated by a person that loved me, at least, I'm sure they did at one point. I can't take being hated by her like this.
  3. SadDude1980

Ken Soto Jr. is alive

He Lives
  4. No one here is a medical expert about what you asked, nor will anyone encourage you, let alone give you advice on the matter either...that is a "given" (or rather, lack thereof)

I'm truly sorry you're suffering, but for that particular piece of information, you will have to research yourself. I suggest rather that you post here for other feedback, or PM those who have kindly invited you to do so...
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2008
  5. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I dont mean this to be harsh, but I need to be rather blunt here. I think this hasn't happened as quickly as you believe. But rather that for what ever reason, maybe depression, you have not been able to see it coming. You have missed the clues along the way as they came ( Why do I have to wish I was dead along with being horny/Let it all out). Depression can cause one to shut down or out those around that mean so much to us. And the deeper our depression becomes, the more difficult it becomes to relate to those very same people. It also causes us unvoluntarily to change and those changes are not always understood by others. You need to talk to your wife, a very long and questioned filled talk, about what has been happening to make her want out. Be prepared to really listen to and hear what she has to say. Sometimes that can be all it takes to "snap" us back and lift our depression enough to see the world around us again. Once you know why things are happening, be prepared to earnstly make the effort to change them. But it all needs to start with a talk between the two of you ( not three, so do it somewhere that mother in law is not around). Atleast if noting else it will help you to understand why she feels like its time to give up on your marriage and it will give you a place to start working from on fixing it. PM if you need to talk about it or even just to rant.
  6. Reki

Reki Well-Known Member

Starving yourself to death is a pretty roundabout way to go about it, I'm guessing very painful as well. I heard somewhere around the range of three weeks for the average man, more if you're overweight, but I could be wrong. That's a long time to suffer and the changes in your body would become apparent after a while, friends or family might call the police and you could be put on suicide watch. It would probably be a very humiliating experience if it didn't go as planned, I wouldn't advise it.
  7. nedflanders

nedflanders Well-Known Member

It obviously depends on your weight to start with. But it's also obviously a difficult thing to pull off. Look how much work it takes to lose 30 pounds. You're proposing to lose a hundred or so on a crash diet, in a country that's saturated in candy bars. I'd imagine very few people could pull that off.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.