How long will this last??

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by Ekirkpatrick, Sep 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ekirkpatrick

Ekirkpatrick Member

I have been terribly depressed, anxious and suicidal nearly every day since late August. I have bipolar 2 so I know the feelings won't last, which is why I continue to hang in there. But, for those of you who experience this, how long should I expect this to last? It's really wearing on me and the only thing really keeping me from harming myself is my kids. (Yes, I take my meds regularly.) I have been depressed before but this is the worst it has been in a long time.

2. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am really sorry has been such a rough time for you. I have no answers for how long will last nor do i have first hand experience dealing with bipolar2 so I am afraid I have little solid advice based on experience to give but if is really bad for this long and have been taking meds regularly I would really consider calling your health care provider that is prescribing your meds and get an appt to see what else they can do or if they think you should just ride out the down period or make a med adjustment or other idea. You don't have to deal with it by yourself, use them for professional support and we are all here for morale support.

Take Care and Be Safe

- Ben

3. Ekirkpatrick

Ekirkpatrick Member

Thank you, Ben.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there and welcome. No one can answer how long this spell of depression will last but we can hoever support you throughout this. Talk to us here and we will encourage you and help you. I am so sorry you are struggling and hope things start to look up soon.

~petal

5. Ekirkpatrick

Ekirkpatrick Member

Thank you, Petal. At the urging of my husband and mother, I made an appointment to see my psychiatrist. I will see him tomorrow afternoon. I really just need to get a prescription filled but the prescription I need costs more than $300, even with my special prescription coupon (it is over $1K without the card), and I can't really afford that right now. Hoping he will be able to offer me something less expensive.

Do either you or Ben know anything about paranoia and bipolar 2? I keep thinking I'm going to get fired from my job even though I'm consistently told I'm doing well, or that people are talking about me behind my back, etc. not that it really matters what's causing the paranoia, since I have it regardless, but it is seriously interrupting my work, as it is all-consuming, because when I think about losing my job I think I'm worthless and that I don't matter or I become agitated which then leads to depression and, well, as you can see, it's a vicious cycle. And, if I knew if it was the BPD causing this I could mention it to my psychiatrist tomorrow (although I probably will anyway just to see what he says).

Anyway, thanks for listening. I'm glad I found this site. When you go to see how much Bitcoin costs because you need it to buy 60 Secanol so you can take a very, very long sleep, you know you're in a bad place.

6. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I would mention anything going on with the psychiatrist.

Also, If you want to tell me the name of the med you use I may be able to link you a manufacturer program to make it more affordable. There is a thread somewhere that list the contacts for a bunch of the manufacturer programs- I will try to find it and post it or message it later when I have more time. Also, ask the psychiatrist for samples to hold you through. They often have a fairly good supply.

I have a fair amount of knowledge about most mental health conditions but nobody on here has enough to give more than half guesses about what is actually going on with you right now and I am not comfortable making medical recommendations on what s more or less important to be worried about or if it is just part of another issue - particularly if you can get an appt with psychiatrist or even a GP - they will be the best ones based on an actual exam and full history to try to make an educated guess at the real diagnosis of what is happening with you right now.

7. Ekirkpatrick

Ekirkpatrick Member

The drug is Latuda. Sent you a private message about the issue at hand. I have a coupon for it but it didn't knock the price down much at all... Went from about $400 to around $300. Without insurance the drug is over $1K.

I am feeling better right now. Thanks for listening.

8. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Ekirkpatrick, I so feel for you and your situation with the cost of drugs. It is totally insane. No med should cost that much. And everyone deserves access to medicines. We should not be priced out of them.

Take care of yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.