how many of u hate their parents?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by corral, Jun 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. corral

corral Guest

hi, im just really curious how many ppl here hate their parents?
    im not talking about one minute emotion, i cant stand my parents, the only time i can is when i am away in another city and yet their call every week is like something i never look forward to and this oh i gotta do it today (talk to them) and it screws up my day.
    i cant believe some people can be such ass holes.. just totaly stupid. they think they are super smart, they own their own business, but the truth is they are stupid insensetive jerks.
    its pity we dont choose our parents cause i would never have chosen these people
  2. savetoniqht

savetoniqht Well-Known Member

more than i could ever explain.. there aren't words strong enough.
  3. Beret

Beret Staff Alumni

:eek:hmy: i love my parents very much. they always have been there for me, no matter how ill i was, they supported me emotionally as well as financially for my whole life.
  4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I don't hate my parents either. My dad was my life. I no longer have the luxury of seeing or talking to him as he passed away 18 months ago. My mom gets on my nerves alot, yeah, and she did things when I was small that weren't the greatest, but I don't hate her for them. I have to try to understand why and forgive her.
  5. Chemical Chaos

Chemical Chaos Active Member

my teenage years were full up with emotions of hatred for my parents...but as i have got older i've realised that most of the time i was in the wrong.
    i do love them bunchloads...and thats what makes the problems we're all facing right now so much harder. i want them to be okay with each other again, i want everything to be okay again.

*sigh...* so yeah, i've loved and hated them. i'm sorry to hear you don't get on with yours...whats made you hate them so much.
    sorry if i'm nosey for asking...i just have a general interest in people and their lives.

Draven xxx
  6. corral

corral Guest

my father is physically and emotionally abussive. to my mum, to me, everyone who is lower than him... to those people who he works with that are equal with him or have higher positions he is so nice to them, omg they probably think he is the nicest guy ever, but its all fake just to get his way.

they screwed me as a person, and then i moved out for 5 years, and thought, ok... ill forget about it and try to be a good parent myself cause ive seen bad parents and know what not to be.
    but since i had to come back to their house, its all there, its mostly my father i cant handle, i cant even handle talking to him, i cant feel any comfortable even being in the same room with him, i feel so bad. and he keeps treating me with no respect, like he is the king and everyone should accept his shit.

so yes no matter that they are my parents by blood, i dont consider them any of my family and no matter what they are i hate them, it doesnt matter that i was made myself (which im sorry about) but it matters what kind of people they are and they are insensetive bad people.
  7. Chemical Chaos

Chemical Chaos Active Member

y' really does not make sense to me why people have kids only to abuse them. i'm so sorry you had to go through that...sometimes...*sigh* sometimes people are just bullies and they can't resist it.
    none of it was your fault, and if you ask're better off without them.

D xxx
  8. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry to hear that corral. At least you know to stop the cycle and be a different kind of parent than they were. Many times the cycle continues for generations. I wish you luck in dealing with them and getting out from underneath their oppression. :hug:
  9. themuffinman

themuffinman Member

Would you love somebody that left you to die? (literally) Havent talked to either set of parents in months. oh well, fuckem' They dont need me, and I dont need them. It just shows where their priorities are...
  10. Mew

Mew Active Member

I don't hate 'em, but I don't love 'em either and I'm fine with that. Blood or no, while I'm grateful they raised me, loving them is a different matter. Doubt I ever will. Dad's kinda like corral's, except I'm not on his shit list. Seeing him chew out someone followed by showering me with smiles gives me the creeps and I can't stand the hypocrisy. Mom used to be quite domineering, but has mellowed out somewhat with age. Still have too many unpleasant memories of her to ever forgive her. Understand, yes. Forgive and love, no.

Agree it's a pity we can't choose our parents and an even greater pity we can't choose whether or not we want to be born.
  11. DownwardSpiral

DownwardSpiral Well-Known Member

I am 34 and while I dont hate them I do not feel love for them either. My parents are one of the reasons I have carried this depression from my teenage years through adulthood. I find it easier on my emotions to just ignore them and live my life without interacting with them. I dont call them. I dont visit them. I simply avoid them. I find peace in that.
  12. rinako

rinako Member

When I was younger I tryed to be understanding to my mom. But as I got older I saw what a stupid drunk she was. Shes not worth my time. I hate her so much. My father never accepted me, but I care about him more than I ever could for my mom.
  13. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

u know at one time i might of said that i hated my parents, but honestly that isn't true. i love my parents dearly, but i have no respect for them or the way they think. thus we have had nothing to do with each other for eight or nine yrs now. well, i did try talking to em last year, but it just wasn't the same. they considered me dead. kind of strange when they were the ones who chose me (adoption). oh well please take care
  14. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

This is weird..this post actually made me think.
    As a teenager I hated my mother and adored my dad.
    Now I don't seem to have any emotion except duty and exasperation..if I'm brutally honest.
    Nothing I ever did as achild or an adult was ever good enough and even if they don't mean to, I always feel wrong footed around them.
    I hope to God I have never made my son feel like that.:unsure:
  15. danni

danni Chat Buddy

:hug: terry

Well all i can say is that i wish they would listin more instead of doing what they did to me..I dont hate them, i could never hate anyone only to learn to accpet or dislike.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2007
  16. I don't hate them but I resent them for a lot of things.
  17. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

After everything they've put me through, I should hate them, but meh...I don't..I have absolutely no respect for them though, they lost all chances at that.
  18. Erebos

Erebos Well-Known Member

There's no point in hating. It will accomplish nothing.
  19. blade

blade Well-Known Member

i can agree. , mine think they know whats best for me. but they make matters worse.
  20. mike25

mike25 Well-Known Member

I don't hit it off with my dad because he has a domineering personality.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.