how many of you have suicidal thoughts that relate directly to the recession?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by lawstudentindebt, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lawstudentindebt

lawstudentindebt Active Member

Lost a job, can't find a job, golddigging gf left you b/c you took a pay cut, indebted student with no prospective interviews, etc?
  2. Crue-K

Crue-K Well-Known Member

My suicidal thoughts are triggered by my mood rather than a specific situation
  3. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

If I'm really honest with myself, I have to admit it's probably a factor. I was, until a few weeks ago, an unemployed college student. Now I'm an unemployed college dropout ;) But finances have always been an issue for me and my family, and it certainly doesn't do my depression or my suicidality any favors.
  4. lonercarrot

lonercarrot Well-Known Member

I used to be unemployed and was a college dropout. I almost ended up being homeless.. I had -$2.87 in the bank with $6,000.00 in student loans to pay, $375.00 rent to pay and $80.00 gym membership to pay. That was the first time I was ever feeling suicidal for reasons other than my emotions. I know how trapped and hopeless one can feel when they are financially fucked. Those were the worst few months of my life! (but it was an interesting experience)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.