How many of you here on SF....

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by FallingStar, Oct 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FallingStar

FallingStar Member

OK...not sure how to word this

uhh

How many of your parents/close friends know that you are suicidal/depressed.

I was just thinking about it, my mom knows I am under stress but doesnt know that I am depressed and contemplate suicide.

I was just wondering how many of you are in this same position?

2. pckiller07

pckiller07 Member

Only my best friends (practically brothers) know. as for my parents they have no idea.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Just my mom and sister know I am depressed,although they don't know I think about suicide etc.

4. middleofnowhere

middleofnowhere Well-Known Member

My family knows, at least my mother and brothers and sisters.

5. bluegrey

bluegrey Antiquities Friend

My parents and Brother are religious (I've lapsed into agnosticism) so I've been trying to prepare them, if that is really possible by telling them this world has just gotten unbearable and I'll be waiting for them in the next and better world. I want to get out of this brutal pain but I can't bear the thought of ruining their lives.

6. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

My family and friends know I'm suicidal. I'm open about it.

7. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

No one knows

8. Xenos

Xenos Well-Known Member

I told it to some friends, though I'm not sure if they remember I was once suicidal. Other than that, I try to keep to myself, as it brings awkward moments if I shared with anyone else I was once suicidal.

9. Angelo_91

Angelo_91 Well-Known Member

just a tad bit of people

10. palmtrees

palmtrees Well-Known Member

My parents and sister know I've been depressed and suicidal, although they thought I got better a few years ago and it was a surprise to them when I checked in to the emergency room last year. I told a pair of "friends" about it and eventually they completely deserted me like the cowards they are, so now I don't trust anybody and keep it to myself. The best people to tell are people who can empathize with your position.

11. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

unfortunately everyone in my life knows.

yay for failed attempts :dry:

12. nagisa

nagisa Chat & Forum Buddy Staff Alumni

Most everyone knows.

13. wants2die

wants2die Well-Known Member

not to get off topic but I think its better if no one knows because if people know that you are suicidal than chances are you might actually do it. compared to if no one knows because it gives you a chance to conquor the thoughts of suicide and make you feel stronger.

14. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

I'm in the same position. I've hid it from everyone in my family. Sometimes I'll make a joke like "yeah, today's a nice day to die" or something like that when I'm talking to people close to me but since I make it a joke, no one takes it seriously so they don't suspect a thing. I guess it's my way of crying for help with them, but I've not said much of anything to anyone anymore, so no one knows.

15. Snowman

Snowman Well-Known Member

Same here.

16. notwanting2live

notwanting2live Well-Known Member

My family no Im clinically depressed but thye think im getting better and that i aint suicidal anymores when I am, even more recently. A few close close friends no that I am depressed, but only one of them who is my best friend noes Im suicidal. I am blessed that i met her 8 yrs ago and our bond has jus got tighter and thighet..

17. snowraven

snowraven Well-Known Member

My best m8 knows that I am really depressed and he's not stupid. He knows where that can lead because he had a friend at work who did end it all. I've never actually told him out straight but he knows I've joined sf. Also my last gf knows that I have contemplated suicide in the past. She ran a mile when I told her although we are at least talking again. She tells me she is worried about me so I lie to her and tell her I'm ok. I can worry about it enough myself. Apart from them my doc is the only one who knows. That's what's good about coming here. I don't have to hide it here.S.

18. resistance

resistance Staff Alumni

Very few people know how I am truly feeling. Lately I have struggled to let anyone in.

19. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

I think they "know" but don't believe that the feelings are intense enough that I'd ever really consider following through. :eek:hmy: :blink:

My age may have something to do with the way they see/don't see things: I live alone so there's no reason they'd know a lot about my day-to-day ups and downs. :unsure:

20. Rukia

Rukia Well-Known Member

I've told most of my friends that I was suicidal, but they think I'm better now. My parents know that I'm depressed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.