how many other people are like me

Discussion in 'Rape and Abuse' started by Chernarus, Sep 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chernarus

Chernarus Well-Known Member

I was very young and i was abused went to an out treatment school for kids with mental health isues and well it ended up beating the shit out of me for three years and now im a statue i feel for no one i have no compassion and empathy im cold and jaded im not even human anymore is any one else like this after abuse.
  2. xTheBlondex

xTheBlondex Well-Known Member

I can't answer your question but I can give you a hug? :cheekkiss:arms:
  3. Christianv2

Christianv2 Well-Known Member

Yes i know exactly what you mean, people tend to put up a fence after a tragedy or abuse or anything occurence that hurt them severly. You tend to shut out everyone else and just feel nothing for no one, it can be long lasting. Talk to a doctor about it if possible. Sorry about your troubles.
  4. wiki

wiki Member

i know what you mean... im not as cold as i was because its been about..7yrs.. however.. i still laugh when a little kid falls down and gets hurt... i dont feel sorry for people.. it kind of made me have an attitude.. that.. there's always someone out there who has it worse.. so why am i crying around.. no compassion for myself.. i do feel for other people when they talk to be about their problems.. i dont date.. i dont have sex.. when i take my neice for a walk.. i think every old dude that looks over is thinking sick thoughts and i give them dirty looks .. thinking i know what ur thinking you sick bastards dont look over here.. uhm.. when i see starving kids on tv..or abused animals.. i really could care less.. yes im cold.. but im still human.. and i am jaded as well.. but..
    it helps you survive.. its not like you can go trusting everyone after something like this.. to me that less human.. then feeling what you do or the things i do..
    your not alone on this one:argh:
  5. JaxGA

JaxGA New Member

I was fine for the first few years, then the weight set in, and i just don't care at all about anything.
  6. BioHomocide

BioHomocide Well-Known Member

People are animals.
    Most are predators waiting to prey on the weak.
    It's the sad fact of life.
    We can't all be lions.
    A lot of us will always play victims.
  7. Oak

Oak Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I can answer based on personal experience but each deal with this in its own ways hun. To your final question, yes, it is normal not to 'feel' or have emotions. Survivers tend to repress them till one day they find something tht will awaken these emotions. Often it is with a special person that becomes dear to our hearts. Survivers will never be like those never abused but you can learn to feel. It takes time but you'll learn as time goes.

best of luck and my best wishes to you
    granny xx
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.