How many people here have extreme mood swings

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by seithkein, Sep 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seithkein

seithkein Well-Known Member

I do and i really hate it. Like last week i was beginning to start feeling happy again, and now i feel so low that all I'm thinking about is how to kill myself. I really hate this, it's like a moment you're happy and then another moment you're extremely feeling sad for no reason. Do this ever happen to you guys.

2. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

This happens to me sometimes. It's natural that you'll go back and forth, especially if you've been dealing with depression for a long time. It's helpful to see a therapist to help you work through the low points.

How long have you been feeling this way?

3. famous.last.words

famous.last.words Forum Buddy

i can really relate to that. i have regular extreme mood swings.
    Have you been to the doctors? or tried any medication?

Im here anytime you want to chat :hug:

4. odnox

odnox Well-Known Member

I'm generally fairly even keeled in my moods, but when a really great day comes along, I know that a really bad day is right on it's heels. It could be self-fulfilling on my part.

5. NeverHappy

NeverHappy Well-Known Member

I have extreme mood swings. I'd say that every ten minutes of joy are offset my maybe 10 hours of severe depression.

6. i can be happy in a moment than extremely suicidal the next...sometimes minutes,hours,days are extreme from the next.

7. HappyAZaClaM

HappyAZaClaM Guest

I would take an uneducated stab and say anyone who frequents a suicide
    forum and is still alive pretty much has to have some totally tubular
    mood swings. sorry for the use of the word 'tubular' it is likely so old
    now it's not even funny to make fun of it. people won't get it. I should
    have used a better word...let's see....

>>>I would take an uneducated stab and say anyone who frequents a
    suicide forum and is still alive pretty much has to<<< (ok here we go)
    ...experience some horrific and devastating mood swings. no
    attempted jocularity that time.

OR....to answer the question in the title: everybody? here I mean..not
    everybody everywhere, but on here? mood swings? the lot of us :dry:

8. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I have mood swings also. I take meds for them and for the most part I have control of them because of the meds. Now anxiety walks hand and hand with them. I am a former Marine and they drill it in to you not to show emotions. Because of this everyone thinks I am pissed off all the time. I hold the anxiety in and it eats me alive. No one thinks I have a problem with it because I don't show it. I have tried over the years to let people know that I suffer from it, so they think I am talking out my ass. They always tell me the depression meds will take care of the anxiety. Sorry asshole it isn't helping with the anxiety and for the most part the depression also..I have noticed when I run short of my meds every now and then, That my mood swings come on strong. I get angry real easy not at others but to myself!! Oh well I don't know if that helped, if not just disregard it!!!:chopper:!!!

9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

i have wide mood swings, too. someone on the forum recommended i tell the psych about them, which i did, and they adjusted my meds by adding a couple of mood stabilizers and taking away the antidepressants. overall, it's helped but i'm in a bit of a low patch right now... still it's worth telling your doctor about the mood swings.

10. Tarkan

Tarkan New Member

I understand how you feel. My mood is constantly balancing between happy and sad. Like this morning I was crying ... and 1 hour ago I was laughing hard with my family. And it keeps on like this ! In fact I start crying or I get angry as soon as something is disappointing me !

11. hydrocronik

hydrocronik Member

I have this same problem. And if anyone can help me i'd appreciate it. What happens to me is, I get like a hot flash, my body heats up really fast, and then I HAVE to punch, damage something!

12. abyss

abyss Well-Known Member

i understand that feeling. i get those red waves too. i also get the rush like my body is crawling and about to explode from the inside and i have to run, just run away like there is no tomarrow. fight and flight responses, i guess. plus the emptyness, sadness, etc, blah blah blah lol, gotta laugh at urself or you'll cry.

13. noplacetogo

noplacetogo Well-Known Member

yeah, i've been getting them a lot lately. Not sure if it's from some pills i've been taking or just losing my mind.

14. ace

ace Well-Known Member

I do I have Bi Polar I swing about 50 times a day one second I'm over the moon then I'm pretty much suicidal within second's.

15. GabrielConroy

GabrielConroy Well-Known Member

I have mood swings pretty often. I can go from at peace and thinking everything is ok to wanting to kill myself. I dont think its bad enough to say Im bipolar but yes I have extreme mood swings. They havent been as bad lately though.

16. itmahanh

itmahanh Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

Yeah, like in the time it takes me to post this I will probably of experienced 2 or 3. I'm bipolar and the meds helped for a while, but not lately. It is really hard to live with because people dont believe that bipolar is real but rather an excuse. Being happy is almost like a bad joke because no matter how hard I try to hold on to it, it slips away way to fast. Maybe because of the other meantal health issues I have the sad side of the seesaw seems to win out way too often. Being suicidal has become just another personality trait that I've had to accept. But I keep plugging away and yet another sunrise comes and sees me still here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.