How many people would say a relationship is what brought them to this forum?

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Aurora Gory Alice, May 4, 2010.

1. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I am just wondering.

Would you say a relationship (in any context whether it be a failed relationship, abusive relationship, the loss of your partner to suicide/death) is your main reason or part of your reason for being on SF?

2. lightbeam

lightbeam Antiquities Friend

A failed marriage is the reason why I am here.

3. Ferret

Ferret Well-Known Member

Bad breakup which triggered chronic depression that I've had since a child.

4. whywhy

whywhy Active Member

A long term relationship that didn't work out...

5. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

a divorce is what brought me here . . . :rolleyes:

6. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

I came here to try to have some other support so I wouldn't load it all on her.

7. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Its part of it for me. Probably my past of relationships ending badly. There's other issues that factor in as well.

8. lost81

lost81 Staff Alumni

A lack of one was one of the factors.

9. Bubble

Bubble Well-Known Member

Yes indeed

10. Forgotten_Man

Forgotten_Man Well-Known Member

Well not initially... however, it is what brought me back

11. shamps

shamps Well-Known Member

Well ive had depression for years and tried to kill myself once years ago but this time round its a relationship thats brought me here,a failed one.He cheated and ive lost five years of my life...plus numerous other bad things happening all at once because of it x

12. unwinged

unwinged Well-Known Member

maybe the anticipation of an imagined relationship.. that will probably never happen as i'm no longer sure if it should... so i'm here, feeling alone...

13. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

a failed relationship- not being good enough, even after 8 years of trying my hardest to be good enough for him.

14. Forgotten_Man

I have this problem as well.

15. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

It's pretty scary how many people are here due to failed relationships.

For those who are single, does the fact that so many people have said they returned or became suicidal after a relationship broke down scare you out of wanting to get into one?

I have to admit, it is scaring me a little. I know how unstable I am but I also know how much I want to be with somebody.
    Still... if the break down of a relationship will be that little finger that pushes me over the edge, I may have to think twice about it, as it appears to have done the same to so many on here.

16. 2-D

2-D Well-Known Member

This problerly sum things up for me, but in my case it was the straw that broke the camels back :(

And as to your question aurora, yes it does somewhat, as well as my general feeling of being unworthy of anyones affections, but thats summit different

17. ozbound

ozbound Senior Member & Antiquities Friend

I've had depression for as long as I can remember but the break up was the straw that broke the camels back.

18. Forgotten_Man

Right now I am going to say no. If anything I want to get into a relationship again. That way if it fails I will just snap And kill myself.

19. perry_mason

perry_mason Well-Known Member

i vwas never in arealtionship with aimee or anything so diont stichmme up but the fact that evertyhing went wrong with her has pretty much made a mess of me.

im not blaming her so odont say that i am and stuff coz itrs my fault but its my fauly and i need oto forget her or kill myself and i can nevre seem to ever forget about her.

20. Kaos General

Kaos General Well-Known Member

a very good friend of mine brought me here but she is no longer with us