How many scars do you have? *triggering*

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by pogosticker, Apr 10, 2012.

?

How many self-harm scars do you have?

1. 0

1 vote(s)
    1.2%
  2. 1-5

4 vote(s)
    4.9%
  3. 6-10

6 vote(s)
    7.4%
  4. 11-20

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  5. 21-50

10 vote(s)
    12.3%
  6. 51-100

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
  7. 100+

14 vote(s)
    17.3%
  8. Too many to count.

21 vote(s)
    25.9%
  9. I've self-harmed but haven't left physical scars.

2 vote(s)
    2.5%
  10. I've never done it. I try to manage my problems in a healthy manner.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

I'm just curious. And this is by no means a case of bragging and awarding the person with the most a gold medal...

Cutting isn't a healthy way of dealing with problems, and I for one no longer do it. I don't encourage it (actually, the complete opposite.) But it might help others upset by their scars in knowing that there ARE others out there who too have constant reminders of their past 'battles' too.

I can't count mine because a lot overlap/blend together. But I'd estimate around 60-80.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2012
  2. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I don't really have much scarring---I don't cut often because I'm not fond of the sight of blood. I implement other types of self-harm, and cutting is usually a last resort if the feelings are bad enough.

3. I have quite a bit of scarring.. my upper thighs and my arms are my main locations... usually in lines. Lately, I ended up with a tic tac toe pattern on one arm... a name on my thigh... I scar pretty bad, even when the cuts aren't as deep, so I try not to cut in obvious places so my 6 yr old won't notice much. (although, he has asked why the name hasn't gone away... I told him I wrote on my leg... that was months ago, and he hasn't gotten it yet. THANK GOODNESS!!!)

I can't say that I've stopped cutting... the most recent was about a month & a half ago, although, they're fewer and farther between. I'd say I've got about 40-60, if you count each individual cut, vs each "session".

4. BrinkOfExistence

BrinkOfExistence Well-Known Member

I have about 50 that a very noticable but there are only about 5 weeks old so still quite fresh and i have probably 30 more that you can only see with a close inspection these ones are about 1.5 - 2 years olds. I'm pretty convinced my cutting days are over so hopefully i won't be adding any more to the count.

5. OldGuy

OldGuy Active Member

I've cutting for about 5 years. I cut on average a least once every two weeks with about 6 to 10 2 to 4 in. 1/4 in. deep long cuts per session. So that works out to over 600. But I cut over the the same areas on my forearms and lower legs so its hard to see many individual scars.

6. I have waaaaay too many to count and it's sure not something I'm proud of. :/

7. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

The ones that are actually visible still/discernable from one another probably number in the 21-50 range, but the ones that are there would get close to 100.

Not including the one piece of text, and the heart. The text is made up of many smaller scars, the heart tens of overlapping ones...

8. Growing Pains

Growing Pains Well-Known Member

I just counted them out of morbid curiosity. Had to drop my pants as many of them are on my thighs and my lower legs. I stopped somewhere around 200, but there are some that I know I miscounted on. There are many I didn't count because I got tired of counting. And there are many more that are only REALLY visible when I'm cold. I'd estimate around 300 actual scars.

9. Degenerate Escapist

Degenerate Escapist Well-Known Member

Too many to count really, and I wouldn't want to. I wish I could take it all back, because I could never show the person I care the most about.

10. MouseGirl

MouseGirl Member

Too many to count, a lot of them overlap and blur

11. RumoursOfMyDemise

RumoursOfMyDemise Well-Known Member

Too many to count. Most of them are very close together, and so overlap and merge into each other. I really hope they heal... :/

12. HakunaMatata

HakunaMatata Well-Known Member

Two noticeable ones; left arm (doesn't seem to be getting any better and its been months) and right cheek (though it seems to be healing, just slowly, it's been a month or two). Others have healed well, but on my right arm you can just about make them out, they're quite invisible.

13. kookykrazzy

kookykrazzy Member

i have been cutting for many years, and i cut a lot when i do, like i cut today and i cut 50 times. onces i cut 348 times in one session. i cut over and over old scars, so its impossible to count all my scars, plus some of the cuts i made didnt scar, but i would say all the years i have been cutting and how much i cut in each session i would say i have well over 5,000. and thats just a guess. i love my scars, but i dont like people to see them, they are for my eyes only, thats why i usually cut where people cant see.

14. SashaJade

SashaJade Well-Known Member

Too many to count to be honest... My right forearm is now just a mass of scar tissue from where I cut in the same place over and over again, but my legs and stomach are littered with really visible scars too.

15. Chocolate Heartache

Chocolate Heartache Active Member

I just tried to count out of curiosity, but I gave up at 1000. Any is too many really, but yeesh. That's ten years' worth though.

I don't think the number or the depth really matter - it's the feeling underlying, and that can be just as bad for someone with one scar as for someone with thousands.

16. houseofcards

houseofcards Well-Known Member

Somewhere between 100 and 200.

17. Pepper

Pepper Active Member

Last I counted was around 70. I have more than that though because I cut over old scars.

18. truthhurts

truthhurts Well-Known Member

not taking into account the fact tht it's rly hard to count them on my back xD.. mine overlap a lot too, it's pretty hard counting the ones on an area of about a couple square cms alrdy so i've given up the counting lol.

19. pogosticker

pogosticker Well-Known Member

Quite sad that the top and bottom options still have 0 votes. :(

20. FrainBart

FrainBart Staff Alumni

I have 6-10 visible scars, however if I were to count the ones I have don't ontop of scars then I wouldn't be able to.count.

I also know a large amount faded.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.