How many times did you try it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluequeen

I tried to <mod edit: bunny - methods> but was too afraid to cut deep enough. i ended up with a scar and got a little star tatoo over it. i also tried to suffocate with a <mod edit>...obviosusly it didnt work , i ripped the <mod edit> open at the last minute. A few times i have sat by the lake, contemplating jumping in it...always too afraid...and today i am on the brink again but with a more deadly method...but im sure im too afraid to go through with it...as always

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe it is not how many time you try, its about the function of suicidality as an aspect of our experiencing. Is it something to act on, battle through, use in some other way?

For some people having suicidal feelings is very traumatic and can take over their lives, debilitating their ability to live as they used to, not only can they suffer from trauma of the fundamental pain but trauma from the ideas and images and possibilities of suicide as a solution or action, as well as this there is the damage done to the individual's image and sense of self within their social network, and within their own concept of who they are.

If you are feeling suicidal tell someone. There are lots of people out there who are able to help in lots of different small and larger ways.

Warm wishes to you all

Hirondelle

Dear Bluequeen

Please stay and help us work things out here on this forum. I am so sorry you are in such pain. You are in my thoughts.

Warmest wishes

Hirondelle

LonelyTraveler

I've done what would be generally accepted as an "attempt" twice. However, many times I've done things that would have put me in harm's way (driving into tornadic storms, igniting a garbage pile by pouring gasoline on it, etc.) hoping that I would die, but unfortunately my time has not yet come.

Random

I only made one serious, intentional attempt (I just posted about it) when I was about 17. Thankfully, that failed. I think about it sometimes (It's been so long that I forget about it sometimes and then, other times, it comes flooding back) and I think about all the cool stuff I'd have missed if it had worked.

The second time wasn't really an attempt. It very nearly killed me but I wasn't trying to kill myself. You can use your own imagination to think of what it might have been. I'll just say that it involved passing out very quickly and being very lucky. To this day, I don't know how I survived.

All of the other suicidal thoughts have been just that. Thoughts. Contemplation. Not really serious. Just mental frustration.

Someone

One time, almost coming up to a year ago. As stupid as this sounds.. I wouldn't even call it a full on attempt. I felt my worse on that one day and kind of began experimenting.. I think I was pretty close, but luckily I woke up literally minutes before my mum came through the door.

Ruby

I'd say that i've attempted suicide once as it was the only attempt that i'd planned months in advance/wrote a note/thought i'd die. I ended up on life support in intensive care.

deadpan

Account Closed
Iv thought about it loads and loads. <Mod Edit: methods> Lots of options avaliable to me. Fear usually drives me from the action. However, the feelings get stronger and the will to get the job done increases on a daily basis.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00