How many times does one have to scream for help before someone notices?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by TooShyToScream, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TooShyToScream

TooShyToScream Well-Known Member

I don't want to die. But if I feel as though I have no other choice, what am I supposed to do? I ask for help and it seems like people either don't take me seriously or don't care. many times do I have to ask until either A.) someone listens or B.) it becomes time for me to just go through with it?

How can my fiance just lay in bed and ignore me knowing damn well I spend most of my time on a SUICIDE forum, and probably feel suicidal right now? How does that work out when you love someone? And why, considering the circumstances, shouldn't I just do it?
  2. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hey, I am so sorry this is happening. I remember feeling like I could scream as loud as I could but no one would hear. Are you in councelling? do you have a therapist who hears you :hug:
  3. TooShyToScream

Technically I have one, but I can't afford to go right now. I haven't gone in two months.
  4. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

you need to get off the computer and have a heart to heart with him. he can't read your mind. if he knew how rough you are feeling i'm sure he'd want to help. then you need a plan. get the insurance in order and get back to therapy. there's only so much your boyfriend can do to support you. for some things you need a professional. you have more options than you think. if it gets really bad go to the ER and tell them what you told us. that you are serioiusly suicidal and are worried you'll go through with it. they'll know what to do. good luck. go talk to him now.
  5. TooShyToScream

Well, I asked him...he didn't help. I told him I wanted to die, and to please just comfort me and he couldn't even do that.

I think I'm just going to end up calling my ex tonight and asking him to bring to me home and I'm going to try to kill myself this week. There's nothing left for me in this world.
  6. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I am sorry noone seems to understand or take you seriously. It may not be because they do not want to but rather because they don't know what to do or how to help you. Sometimes they ignore the pleas for help because they are afraid they can't. It is much easier to pass it off than deal with it. call a crisis line and speak to someone there. We are also here offering support. It isn't time for you to give up. Maybe your therapist would be willing to at least talk with you for a few minutes to give you a reminder of some coping skills. If you need to, go to the emergency room. They generally do not turn you away if you let them know you are a danger to yourself at this time. PM me if you need to. I will listen. I am noticing.
  7. TooShyToScream

I'm pretty sure I PMed you but I'm not getting a copy of it in my sent box so I don't know if it went through or not...did it?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.