how many times you almost died?

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Ferodaktyl, Dec 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ferodaktyl

Ferodaktyl Active Member

and what did you felt after?

i'll count mine :
    1st - age 7 - diabetic coma, woke up after 2 days under IVs, don't remember much
    2nd - age ~12 - felt on my back in a hole, couldn't breathe for a min or more, felt amazed, not even afraid
    3rd - age 22 - heroine OD, woke up in hospital after 2 or 3 days with IVs in my legs and family around me, felt like shit
    4th - age 27 - 100km/h in a u-turn on my bike, i knew seconds before i will fall, and, while rolling head over heels, i was laughing like hell, because it seemed a funny situation
    5th - age 28 - again, falling from my bike, after sudden break on wet road, falling on my back on the opposite side of road and going about 30 meters, i remember very clear all the details, time dilated so much, almost stopped
    6th - age 31, 2 days after x-mass, , walking on the mountain, on a forest road, after intentionally passing the last village. One hour after abandoning my pack in the snow, because i was too tired to drag it anymore, from all things, a hermit monk found me, in one of his weekly trips to village after provisions, and ended with him taking me to his refuge. It really made me wonder about a few things.

well, that's me. How about you?

2. sunshinesblack

sunshinesblack Well-Known Member

yah, u can sure as hell wonder about those things lol
    the mountain thing makes me sad though
    also I got a different impression about your age :D

I dont think i had much,
    I fell from about 1 story height (by accident, was running from a dog) at around age 7, fractured my upper jaw after landing hands first, face second, doc sayed I could have just broke my spine/neck and die on spot

Felt like i always do, my dramas are from a different movie. I was shook after the fall but someone helped me up (guess i was in shock cause i only felt my arms hurt and could not coordinate/move properly at fist)
    With the fall i dislocated my 4 front teeth, but funny thing was I did not realize at first the only thing that ever hurt where my arms. And am still not sure of all that happened (might have hit a metal bar too on my way since it was from some weird stairs i fell)Went home and my parents would not believe my story since i was back in normal functioning by than. I had to nag them alot and was not shure myself what was going on, than realized my teeth where moving and showed them after struggelign to get theyr attention again, they finally realized its serious and got me to a doc eventually. Had 2 surgeries for this, to fix my teeth in place and than to get the prop out. A bit more late and I would not have them in my mouth now.

Dunno if this counts but had one of those stupid games that make you faint done on me and i fainted and hit my head since i feel flat on the floor, says one could die like that(suffocation and what not) but never heard of any. Was in middle school and all intrigued.

thats all, been pretty much scardy cat the rest of my life

3. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

Some of these may not be actual near death experiences.

1.OD ended up puking most of it up, the worst was the seizure.

2.Almost shot myself in the head with a rifle, it did go off, just missed, this was intentional and did happen twice.
    3.I got into a bicycle wreck, shattered half my teeth, broke my jaw in three places and split my chin down to the bone.
    So I'm in the ER and they go to stitch up my chin, so they give me a pain killer because it was going to hurt like hell, well apparently if you mix alcohol(yes I was very very drunk) with this pain killer it stops your breathing, they did this twice.

4. absolution

absolution Forum Buddy

1) when i was in the hospital i tried to hang myself. Almost worked but i passed out just as this guy took me down. Felt horrible after when i woke up in the real hospital. Chest killed and neck hurt like a bitch. Wont try that again.

2) I was on this medicine. I think it was called clonopine? maybe :unsure: Well i guess i was seriously allergic to it because i almost died from a bloody nose that wouldn't stop bleeding. Had to have surgery.

3) OD'd 3 times that almost killed me. Puked like crazy for two of them and woke up in the hospital with my mouth and shirt black from charcoal. Not a happy time afterward..

5. Johnnyc

Johnnyc Well-Known Member

I got a few more but not being able to tell it in person just won't work.

6. bhawk

bhawk Well-Known Member

ermmmm for me theres been a few times.

Aged 6 i nearly drowned, was saved at the last minute, all i remember was my brother saying stay on the ledge (underwater ledge in the river)
    Aged 10 i was pushed of a bridge by bullies and i seemed to fall forever. luckily i landed on a small rocky outcrop island thing in the river and my head was just above water. i remember as i woke up seeing a lady but to this day i think i was hallucinating.
    Aged 14, riding my bike got hit by a bus, i still remember the only thing i thought was "FFS who's gonna feed my animals".....weird i know
    Aged 15 i think, i was jumped by a group of lads, luckily my mate coming round the corner grabbed a metal bar and stopped it, i had to go to hospital, wasnt pleasant.
    Aged 18-19, while hunting we drove into a gulley at 60, the landy flipped and rolled several times, i woke up with the rimfire rifle jammed under my chin (and dead hares), scrabbled to get it away pulled the trigger, luckily safety was on...good lesson folks, gun safety is paramount. i climbed out the driver window opened the sunroof and dragged my girlfriend out, since we were poaching we had to get my mate to "borrow" another landy from the garage he worked at to tip it back onto its wheels and tow us out. once everyone was home and safe i found a load of glass in my head then blacked out lol.
    oh and there was the overdose i took.....twas a bad idea....

7. 41021

41021 Banned Member

yeah close a couple times. one at my own hand, two not.
    but almost/close only counts in horseshoes and hand-grenades

8. Cute_Angel_Xx

Cute_Angel_Xx Account Closed

Close ended up in hospital :(
    Not gonna mention how....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.