How many years older/younger would you date?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by feathers, Dec 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feathers

feathers Well-Known Member

I'm 18 (19 no New Years Eve!) I have gone as far as 2 years younger, not sure I'd go much further unless I really fell for them! Although I doubt I'd go younger than 16 now or ever! Or even to 16 again! The immaturity I just can't stand!

Age wouldn't matter too much as long as they aren't too old!! Like in their coffin before our kid even reaches one :D hah.
  2. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Well... I never really look at age... as long as they are an adult. My girlfriend right now is 6 years younger than me. I'm 26 she is 20. I have dated 4 years older too... My girlfriend is amazingly perfect for me so really age doesn't matter. and she is very mature too.
  3. black orchid

black orchid Well-Known Member

Well Wayne is 5 years older than me, been out with someone a couple of years younger, but like Josh i never really pay much attention to how old someone is - unless they are a kid obviously!
  4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Agreed with the others, I've never paid attention to age, unless it's for obvious reasons like someone being a minor. One of my closest friends married a guy 13 years older than her, and they've been happy for almost 10 years. So age means nothing as long as everyone's legal.
  5. flyingdutchmen

flyingdutchmen Well-Known Member

200 years but thats it no more! santa cant keep up with them young 90-something and their xboxes anymore :(
  6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

id say 1 year younger but not any more than that. and maybe up to 6yrs older as im still pretty young
  7. OhneDich

OhneDich Well-Known Member

I'm 4 years younger than my boyfriend, and I'd be with him even if he was much older or younger, since he was capable to know what he was doing. So. What really matters for me is: could you love the person?
  8. victor

victor Account Closed

actually thats the good one. somehow i have managed never to go out with a woman younger then me lol.
    a few one nite stands but thats about it. im 25, Amina was 26, my ex was also 26 but i was younger back then, once i was dating woman WAYYY older than me n it was fine. even this girl ive met today, shes 29 lol but it doesnt matter, really, does it? but i would say if the difference is more than 10 yrs ull have difficulties in long run
  9. duka

duka Well-Known Member

Age matters much less to me than it does to seemingly all women where I live. I've met a lot of women my age or a year older whom I'd have been happy to date, but then found out they have a rule about not dating men younger than themselves. They'll be sorry someday! *shakes fist* When they tell me "I only date guys at least two years older than me," I should start saying, "I have dating rules too: I only date women with depth."
  10. Well-Known Member

I'm 39 and would still date anybody 18+.
  11. FBD

FBD Well-Known Member

im 21, and dating a guy older than 30 would be a little weird for me, just because of the social differences right now, since im still in college. after graduating and entering the "work force" the window might open up. As for younger, i would date basically anyone over 19/20, but would prefer to date someone thats at least 21, just so we could go to the bar together :D
  12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

22 would date 18+
  13. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

Same here, I'll say 22 for me.:mellow:
  14. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

uhh... I don't know.
    Whoever I'm actually attracted to would be fair game to me, I guess.
    My only boyfriend was half a year older than me.

Someone who has their life together a bit, I guess...
    That probably means older and NOT younger than myself.
    How much older?
    Ideally- not old enough to be dating my mom... so 30 and under, I suppose.
  15. Illusion

Illusion Well-Known Member

I wouldn't want to date somebody younger than me unless I really loved them. I'm very much into older guys. I'm 15, but the highest limit I'd go on dating at the moment is 23. It mainly depends on how much I love the person though, cause right now I'm seeing a guy thats 21. Him and a lot of people say I look like I'm in my late teens or early 20's lol. He looks like hes in his late teens :3.
    PS: For now about the younger thing, I'd only allow the guy to be 14. No younger than that.
  16. 1112222

1112222 Well-Known Member

Right I have no interest in dating any younger or older than me.
  17. Romancer

Romancer Well-Known Member

Right now, 2 years younger is the youngest, though the age limit changes when you grow older. Hm. Older? Probably 10 years, since the gap is not as visible as it was lets say...4 years ago.
  18. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

As of now, I want to date older guys. Like 5-7 years older than I am. I'm 18.
  19. Arthur

Arthur Account Closed

I'm 32 and i would date someone between 35 and 45 years of age
  20. Brandon

Brandon Well-Known Member

My fiancee is 4 years older than me, and we're madly in love. Age to me was never a big deal, so long as it wasn't a huge difference. Tbh, if you love the person and they love you back then that's that, you won't really care about age once you feel a certain way about someone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.