How messed up!

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by voices_inmy_head, Jun 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. voices_inmy_head

voices_inmy_head Well-Known Member

The only thing bloody keeping me here is my family and yet there the thing that drives me the craziest! I have a couple of drinks and am asked are you working tomorrow, yes so? Then you can't drink anymore.

Fuck you! If I want to drink I will, how many drinks do you think I have??? I wouldn't of even told you I was drinking if I could of helped it but I couldn't drive so I walked...

Gah I hate you hate you. Stop bitching moaning at me...

I told her to stop moaning and she got all upset. Moan moan moan.

How does this make sense? I can't kill myself because I worry what will happen to those I leave behind and yet here she is making me so angry I want to cut myself up...

Grrr! Hate!

Am I being unreasonble? I'm an adult, If I want to make mistakes I will bloody well make them!

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

interfering family can drive you up the wall... i agree. especially if they know we are struggling with depression, then the advice covers all aspects of life. are we not free anymore to make mistakes, just like everyone else? grrrr. i agree and could relate to what you wrote!

3. derbygirl

derbygirl Chat and Forum Buddy

Interfering families are always the shitters, I'm sure a huge percentage of SF members can relate. Besides it is your every right to make mistakes, that is how people learn.

4. Hi there. Im in a similar situation-I suffer from depression and social anxiety and was recently appointed to leave what little of a life i had and take care of my elderly mother(78). Ive had to deal with her constant praise of my older siblings and all i get is why couldnt i be more like them(I do know that she loves me though). I have been on the edge of ending it all....but i know that it would also be the end of her. I wish i had an answer that could help, but you're not alone

5. beauutyy

beauutyy Well-Known Member

im sure they interfer because they care. and yes,tis annoying,but they dont want you to go overboard,or end up hurting yourself. i realize that as annoying as family can be,and make themseleves out to be,sometimes they do it for the betterment of us. and in the end, you may end up thanking them for trying.

6. I'm closer than a thread

Just want to end it NOW - sittting here in the "perfect" setting - no kids, full of liquor and balls - getting ready to swallow my pride and a bottle of pills - screw this messed up excuse for a life

7. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

You know you need to cut mom some slack she probably wants you to have a good life. She was brought up in an age where you didn't talk about depression, phsyc care, and a few others thrown in there that I can't think of right now.
    My parents kicked me out when I was seventeen because I was getting stoned all the time. I came home one night and walked into the kitchen looking for munchies and mom was standing there. She took one look at me and she knew I was stoned so she hauled off and slapped the hell out of me. My reaction was I balled up my fist and was staring at her with blood in my eyes. I recognized that it was mom so I droped my fist and went in and lied down in bed. The next thing I know my dad was standing over me, he reached down and snatched my ass off the bed and he looked dead in the eyes and told me if I ever raised my hand at my mom again he would kill me.
    When I got up the next day he told me to pack my s--- and get out because I was driving my mom crazy. I had no where to go so I took off hitchhiking across the states. It was safe back in those days.
    You are still living under your moms roof so you need to understand there are rules. I'm 51 and living at my sisters house. I have rules I have to abide by. When I stopped and thought about it, she has every right to put rules into effect, it's her house. I hope this helps a little, and I hope you and mom can come up with some kind of rules you both can live by. Well stay safe and tell your mom you love her...:chopper:

8. demonhunter999

demonhunter999 Well-Known Member

being able to move away from your family can make a tremendous difference in my experience...all the nags just like disappear :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.