How much do you clean up?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Lethal Photography, Sep 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lethal Photography

Lethal Photography Well-Known Member

How much do you clean up when you cut? Most of the time I just wipe up whatever dried blood is there when the cuts finish bleeding, but a few times I've compulsively cleaned the cuts with alcohol and bandaged them. I can't do that often because I have a tendency to run out of bandaids. I'm mostly just curious what other people do with this.
  2. LenaLunacy

LenaLunacy Well-Known Member

I stop the bleeding and clean the wound with hot salty water. I then, if the wound is deep, put a meloin dressing over it and bandage it or, if superificial, leave the wound open.
  3. Spearmint

Spearmint Well-Known Member

I always bandage mine because I'm not a fan of infections. Plus, usually mine take like a day to stop bleeding anyway, and I'm not going to walk around holding a paper towel or whatever to the cut.
  4. AlexDanish

AlexDanish Account Closed

Er... Basically when I do, I use a tea towel or this one ugly shirt I hate to wipe it up... And then they eventually dry and I sleep on them and in the morning they're not bleeding much... Even the really deep ones, unless they could possibly show and reveal it to others, then I bandage them up. I just really can't be assed to treat them anymore, but I have enough scars, so it's like, fuck it, what's a few more? I'm obviously never going to stop wearing long sleeves so just screw the scar reduction or cleaning my cuts.
  5. Emo_kitty

Emo_kitty Account Closed

i clean it up most of the time but if i have switched or spaced out my husband helps clean it

6. jam1e

jam1e Guest

I have ruined several beds and quilts! And only clean up so my kids do not see the blood! When i have cut in the past i usually have to go to hospital. Odly, i didn't think people would take me seriously so i would cut either very deep or cut to find a vein then cut through it and have to have a minor op to sort it. Not very wise as it leaves you with awful scarring which can be seen when you wear shorts or a t-shirt:sad:
  7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Finding another coping method would be ideal, so there would be no cleanup. :hug:
  8. Broken Wings

Broken Wings Well-Known Member

I tend to stop the bleeding really quickly with pressure, so there's rarely any dried blood. I've never put a bandaid on, as the cuts are too long, and the bandaid would just aggrivate them. Some time I wipe them with an alcohol pad right after, but that's mostly for the pain of the alcohol in wound, rather than germ fighting.

Usually, I'll leave it at that, but if it seems pinker in a few days, I'll put some bactine on it, and rub with an alcohol pad, to remove any germs. Never had to go further than that.
  9. 643921

643921 Active Member

I tend to just leave them to it and pick off the dried blood if it was run down before going to bed, although I can normally get the blood out of my sheets which saves a lot of money.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.