How much does your schrink knows about you?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Hurted, Mar 17, 2008.

Does your schrink / psihologyst knows everything about you?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
  2. NO, but i told him almost everything

6 vote(s)
  3. NO...

4 vote(s)
  4. No, i dont tell him many things

2 vote(s)
  5. I dont visit schrink (or psihologyst)

7 vote(s)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

So do you tell to him / her everything?
  2. Are you asking because you're afraid/hesitant about what YOU wish to share?
    I think you said a while back that you were just starting with this, if I remember correctly. The comfort factor is a growing, evolving thing (and it's different for everyone). And as with any professional you're seeking help from - it's best to be as honest as possible - otherwise, they will not be able to help you in their fullest capacity, without all possible insights and evaluations... I didn't vote - but, yes, eventually, they knew all they could about me...
  3. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Well... i am very open, but i would feel really "unsafe" if she would know everything about me... expecially that im depressed because unrequted love...
  4. smackh2o

smackh2o SF Supporter

Build trust with them before you tell them. They are professional and can be talked to in confidence and listen to lots of things, but it will make it so much easier if you get to know them first and find out if you actually want to talk to them anyway before you share your secrets.
  5. ggg456

ggg456 Guest

Dunno, I see a new one every single appointment it seems. They know nothing 'bout me :cool:. Nothing at all. I'm too ambiguous for them they can't even agree on a firm diagnosis..!
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  6. bronwyyn

bronwyyn Well-Known Member

I have seen two therapists that I didn't tell anything to because they never gave me the chance... they never asked me any questions, they just started giving me stupid generic advice before they even got to know me! Needless to say, I stopped seeing them. My psychiatrist I have told a lot to, but it's not therapy with her, it's only a 10 min appointment once every month to discuss meds. I saw a psychologist just to get testing done, and I really liked her, but she wouldn't take my insurance so I couldn't see her again.

I just started a new therpaist. I have seen her only once, and I have a second appointment with her on Friday. I really liked her and felt comfortable with her, but we will see how it goes. I know that I will not tell her *everything* though. There are some things that are just private and should stay that way. If I was going to tell anyone those things, it would be a best friend or husband, but not a shrink.
  7. Lead Savior

Lead Savior Well-Known Member

My therapist knows just about all there is to know about me. Anything she doesn't is just something I've forgotten I suppose.

I have treated the relationship as an anonymous one, like I do with people online, so I tell her things shamelessly as though I will never see her again. It's helpful I think.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.