How much Helium?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by brackett, Nov 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. brackett

brackett New Member

Could someone on here tell me how much Helium I would need to put myself to sleep. Those little bottles for balloons you can buy, would that be enough if inhaled? Helium appeals as it appears to be painless and wouldn't affect anyone else like jumping infront of a train would.
    Thankyou for your help if you do know.
  2. jxdama

jxdama Staff Member Safety & Support

why do you desire to do this, rob?
  3. brackett

brackett New Member

Oh feeling worthless, pointless, unloved and not missed. Am on medication and see help once a week but the images and time spent planning to die remain. I am thinking that just going to sleep and not waking up would be painless, calming and not cause anybody else distress. Please don't go along the friends and family would miss me line, I have no friends and what family I have don't make contact - I buy a box of 10 christmas cards and have some left over.
    I have read about helium and other inert gases being good at starving the brain of oxygen, know you can buy these small canisters in town on online and just need to know how much I would need to buy as I wouldn't wnat to make an arse of myself and just wake up with a bad head.

Thanks for your interest.
  4. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Rob, i have no family or friends either, read my story if you wish.
    But you not need to take your own life. Many people share your pain, hang around, post about your life.
    You may find some answers here, even to questions you have not yet thought about.
    This is a pro life place, somewhere of love and empathy.
    That does not mean that we dont think about not being here anymore but it does mean we understand.
    I will be here for you if you wish, i will open my ears and my heart to you.
    We must all look within, come into chat or just post and read.
    Please message me if you want.
    Regards Pete.
    and i care, yeah, i dont know you but i still care, i want you to hang around.
  5. StevenSiew

StevenSiew Well-Known Member

When you get so down that you can't get up
    And you want so much but you're all out of luck
    When you're so downhearted and misunderstood
    Just over and over and over you could
  6. LillMy8989

LillMy8989 Well-Known Member

Ive heard that could be the most dangerous if failing it is high risks of causing brain damage or/and paralysis = not worth it.
  7. brackett

brackett New Member

thanks for your replies. having found information myself by googling a lot it would seem death is rather speedy if a presurized cylinder is used as oxygen is relaced with helium when breathed in for only a few minutes. These can be bought on eBay - the sellers even warn against breathing in the gas, which is a useful clue.
    I don't have the balls to jump off high things or lie on railway lines like some can do, and helium does seem to be a recogonized method for right-to-die groups around the world and they must know something. thanks for offering to help me but I really just came on here to see if anybody had actual experience of friends/family using this method and how much I would need,etc.
  8. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Please reconsider - isn't there someone or something to live for?
  9. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

rob this is a pro life forum so nobody is going to give you advice on methods, sorry. but we'd love to keep talking to you so that you begin to consider other options. we've all been there, feeling very suicidal and many of us have attempted in the past. we know what it's like to want to die. let us help.
  10. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Member

so if this is a pro life forum, can somebody point me and the original poster in the direction of a forum that will give us the answers? I understand where you're coming from mate, and i've spent many an evening trying to find info on how to do it, only to come across people who want to tell you life is worth living. When your friends have all moved away, you split up with someone but they're still around just cos neither of you have anyo9ne else, even though you annoy each other, your family don't wanna know, you got a (literally) shit job that you can't seem to get out of, about to lose your home, let down your kids, etc etc, then you actually want to know these things.
  11. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

We will not point you in the direction of somewhere that gives methods. It would be the same as giving them ourselves. Why don't you stick around here and chat with us a bit. Maybe we can offer yousupport in ways other than that you came for. Many of us came here in search for methods and instead found a community of people that understood how we felt. Sometimes it helps knowing you are not alone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.