How much is safe?

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by mixedemotions, Jul 2, 2008.

1. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

So, i suffer from really bad back pain and have now for 20months, (since last january) at times the pain is soo bad that i cant walk or move, but if i sit to long it hurts to much i cry and i cant just lie around all day. So my doctor has me on Codeine Phosphate. i have to take about 180mg a day, alog with paracentamol, ibefrofen and a shit load of other meds for other medical reasons... one being my anti-depressants...

soo i was just wondering how much of these pain killers i would have to take before it was classed as "dangerous" i dont want to O.D but i just want the pain to go away. i cant go on living like this any way.its really ruining my life, it stops me from doing things that i once used to really enjoy. i hate being like this... i need the pain to stop. i need to be back to "normal" :huh:
  2. ~PinkElephants~

~PinkElephants~ Senior member

you should go back to the doctors and see if they can change your dosage. YOu don't want to chance od'ing so the best option is to talk to him/her adn see if you can up the amount.
  3. mixedemotions

mixedemotions Forum Buddy

i've tried asking for a higher dosage or a different pain killer but they wont even consider it, as they think ill get addicted. its just bloody stupid. id only take what i needed. they think im some kind of druggy lol.

but thanks for the advice hun....

i just want the pain to go away