How much money do you need in order to be happy

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by wastedmylife, Oct 24, 2009.

?

How much money do you need to be happy

1. $1,000

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. $1,000-$5,000

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  3. $5,000-$10,000

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  4. $10,000-$50,000

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  5. $50,000-$85,000

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  6. $85,000-$125,000

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  7. $125,000-$500,000

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  8. $500,000-$875,000

1 vote(s)
    3.7%
  9. $875,000-$3.4 Million

2 vote(s)
    7.4%
  10. $3.4 Million-$850 Million

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

how much money

2. wastedmylife

I think it is 500,000 to 875,000

3. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

none. give me shelter, a river, and a lighter, and ill be fine. ill find my own food.

4. J_Oli3

J_Oli3 Well-Known Member

Not much at all. Common misconception that you NEED money to be happy, blame this society.
    There's a correlation between money and unhappiness in fact. A common term is Affluezna; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Affluenza

Yeah, I want a good amount of money, but more than that I NEED happiness/contentment, cheesy as it sounds, it is the truth.

5. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

All the money in the world can't buy love or happiness, I know it's a cliche but it's true.
    I'd say I need abt 3.000 Euros to satisfy my needs and, I think, 20.000.000 US$ to buy a ticket for the space shuttle. :beam:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 24, 2009
  6. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

Whoah, that would be a lot. As I love interior, shopping and collecting handbags. That's what I live for, sadly.

7. morfea

morfea Antiquities Friend

I forgot to say - if anybody ever has a 20.000.000 US$ to spare and pay for my ticket I'd be grateful to death, which, with the help from this forum, isn't going to be so soon:)

8. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

Enough to buy my own record studio and a bunch of custom made guitars, basses and keyboards. Around 250.000$ should do the trick if I wanted everything top of the line.

9. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

The highest amount... I'd get a nice little house with a jacuzzi... a load of plastic surgery to completely change the way I look :unsure: and have a load of holidays.
    Then maybe I'd buy my way into a good job? Don't know if it'd all make me happy... but worth a try. :biggrin:

10. DreamReaver

DreamReaver Well-Known Member

money would never make me happy, just means i can be depressed in luxury

11. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

Money doesn't buy happiness, just convenience.

12. Sad Rabbit

Sad Rabbit Account Closed

Money does not buy happiness....but it does buy a better standard of misery.

I should know...

13. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

Your average UK salary. £20,000 per annum and that'd do me fine.
    I wouldn't need any more than that to get by, and if I did it'd just be because I wanted it, not because I needed it.

14. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Give me 15k/year and I'll do just fine. Unfortunately, I can't work.

15. wastedmylife

money will never make you happy, I learned this years ago when I was healthy and knew what life was about, now I am fucked as a human so I am fucked

real happiness comes from within, to be with a partner you like to enjoy the good things in life, to keep your conscious clear

but what to do when other people, who are greedy and selfish took away your meaning, what do you do

Do I kill myself as they would like me to do

I just lost $1,000 and I am so pissed, money will give you highs and lows but it wont make you happy, I learned this and now that I am fucked as a person and cant enjoy life what do I do, money is all I have if I had a Million Bux I would be happy

blaa blaa end of my fucking rant, I probably need to kill myself more then anyone else on this board, or at least be put out of my fucking misery

what a life

16. depleted_soul

depleted_soul Well-Known Member

Money can't make me happy. But if I had some at least I could get help for myself and help others which would give me some sense of self worth.

17. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Money can't buy happiness but I chose the highest amount in case someone is giving it away. :) Money can buy a lot of distractions tho, but that just allows everything on the inside of a person to build up that would be devastating to them later. :(

If I had that kind of money, I would be practicing grandiosity!

18. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

There are many more important things in life than money. No amount can bring true happiness.

19. Ordep

Ordep Well-Known Member

To all the people saying that money can't buy happiness:

Bear in mind that happiness is always a relative term. What is happiness for one is not for another. Your perception of happiness may not be achieved by any kind of ammount, but it may for others.

Personally, I could find my happiness if I could spend as much time as I want just working on my art in my own place, no pressures, no rushes, no schedules, not having another other commitment save for those I'd chose. For others that may look like the lamest excuse for happiness, but it'd work well enough for me.

And of course, nobody said you needed to achieve all your happiness with that money. Once you achieve a good measure of hapiness thanks to the things money can buy, what's keeping you from moving foward to the things money can't buy?

In the end, depending on your goals and dreams, money CAN give you a good ammount of happiness, and once you're boosted by that, moving on to the really important things in life should be much easier.

Some say money causes even more depression. Wrong. Just like money itself cannot make you happy, money itsef can't also make you depressed. What can make you depressed is the pressure of keeping it or increasing the total. If you're working all day so you can make more money, only so you keep it in the bank, you may very well get depressed. The trick is realising that money is always a means to an end, what end is something you need to ask yourself, but money should never be the end itself.

20. HawthornePassage

HawthornePassage Well-Known Member

doesnt really matter as long as my emotional needs are fulfilled

however, without that, a huge amount is nice. could just buy a house and do drugs until i expire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.