How? (need advice)

Discussion in 'Family, Friends and Relationships' started by Bigman2232, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Bigman2232

Bigman2232 Well-Known Member

It seems like a simple question but how do you (not even sure how to word it), ummm, make a move?

I'll use an example to illustrate what I'm talking about. Was at a party for Christmas and I ended up meeting a girl who I thought was cute. It turns out I had met her before at Thanksgiving but I completely forgot her name (I'm bad with names if I've only heard it once and I ended up getting hammered that night too). She, however, remembered me very clearly. I apologized for forgetting and she poked fun at me and continued to quiz me on her name for the night. Fun was had and I did actually get the vibe that she was actually interested and I was as well.

But I have no idea what to do next. I've never been on a date or even asked a girl out since I've never really gotten the interested vibe from any girl before (at least not to the extent that I actually believed it and wouldn't double guess myself). So I don't do anything and she leaves at the end of the night probably thinking that I wasn't interested.

I was even told by a female friend that I could have "gotten" with the girl (whatever that means). And that's part of the problem. I see everyone else just "hook up" or at least disappear somewhere else but I don't know how that works. Add to that, that no one seems to date anymore, at least not until after they have a random meet up and I just don't understand.

I know how to flirt and I know how to show that I'm interested but I just freak when it comes to making the next move.

Does any of this even make sense? Any opinions/advice is welcomed
  2. mourningseraph

mourningseraph Well-Known Member

Hi. :hiya: When you meet a girl and you guys hit it off pretty well, before the night is over tell you'd like to see her again and ask for her number. If you're too shy to tell her you want to see her again then just ask for the #. After you guys exchange #s text her about 2 days later just to say hi and see how she's doing. If that goes well after 1 or 2 more days give her a call and ask if she'd like to hang out and catch a movie or something. Arrange a time and date, then go from there. Thats what a few of my guys friends do and they date several times a week. I hope this helps! :)
  3. DrowningInTears

DrowningInTears Well-Known Member

I dont know how to do this either. Sadly I don't even have anywhere to meet people.