how often and how badly do you cut?

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by elvinchild, Aug 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elvinchild

elvinchild Well-Known Member

How often do you cut, and how badly?

I feel like I cut a lot more than a lot of people, but its always very superficial. I cut on average once or twice a week (often bite/beat myself several days a week). the cuts are just enough so that it bleeds a little bit but I don't usually even need a bandage because it dries up quick.

2. Aurora Gory Alice

Aurora Gory Alice Well-Known Member

I notice that I only cut - now - when something bad has happened and I am high or drunk. Since I have given up narcs, that isnt often. Last time I cut was a month ago, it wasn't very deep, still healing though, I could see the fleshy white stuff underneath but the deepest I've gone had to have stitches. I've never gone that deep before...

3. waterlily

waterlily Active Member

I have never cut but I have wanted to for many years. It seems it would be a good way to come back to the body into the body,,,but then like efflurrage,, a distraction form the other horrible pain that is present. Yes when bad thigns happen,,tourettes sets in a bit,,,like no,,, no,,, no,,whatever,,,but the the other day I really felt like cutting more than ever,,,like I get it now and want to be free to do it,,,I was a bit drunk at the time and ranting at my botfriend about something stupid,,,didn't seem like it then but,,,,then the embarrashment set in,,,,you know,...the only thing is my job,,, people would see it,,,and ask what happened...

4. Toki Wartooth Lover

Toki Wartooth Lover Well-Known Member

Usually when I'm in a spiraling depression and until I can't feel the area around my cut.

5. jcat

jcat Staff Alumni

i cut almost every day and several times if i do. i have nerve damage from the cuts and still do it. im addicted to it and cant stop, ive cut twice today and its only 5am. i dont know what to do. go to the hospital or just off myself so i stop cutting.
    im usually in a bad place in my head with the voices telling me stuff :S
    idk wtf to do ????

6. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

=( sorry. talk to ppl who care. do what feels right.

several times a day. gettin deeper & more cuts are appearing everytime i do it =/
    im not feeling satisfied no more =( so i do it more n more. but how far until i do feel satisfied?

7. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

recently I’ve only cut when things have gotten really bad but when I do it's deep and I do it many times, bleeding doesn’t usually stop without superglue, bandages and sometimes a visit to a and e. I seem to purge all the time though, once or twice a day – I guess that my new favorite form of SI :sad:

8. triggs

triggs Account Closed

up until about 3 weeks ago, i didn't cut half as much as i used to. i have sort of waves of depression that can last a few weeks and sometimes months, but then i'll have a few weeks or months where i'm sort of okay. i guess i'm having one of those depressive months... i've cut so much recently. mostly it's superficial cuts that only bleed for about half an hour, but i can get really bad, coming close to arteries and veins on purpose but never quite getting there. sometimes it's many times a day - sometimes it's once or twice a week.

sometimes i just do it when i'm bored.

9. Tray

Tray Well-Known Member

i dont anymore but when i did it was wasnt too often. but the cuts were very deep. i guess i enjoyed tearing at them everyday as they tried to heal. deep cuts that arent allowed to heal leave extremely noticeable scars..

10. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

It was years ago since I cut very badly... Then I cut down to the bones of my upper arm. I was very thin at that point, so there was no fat to get through. Just muscles, tendons (?) and nerves. I'm glad I didn't hit the artery (for the moment, but sometimes I wish that I would have done that)...

Nowadays, it's more like scratches, but sometimes worse.

11. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

i cut on average 5 or 7 times a week, usually once a day. there getting to the point i need butterfly closures over em.

12. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Just started yesterday... Just scratches... But I want to make more. I don't know why. I want to cut deeper.

13. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

well depends. im off my meds, have been for a week, so im trying to put myself off. dont ever know how bad itll be though

14. foxwithwings13

foxwithwings13 Well-Known Member

about 4 months ago if you would have asked me, I would have told you I hadn't cut in 3 years...

Well that's changed now unfortunantly. I seem to cut pretty often... It seems like about anywhere from everyday-2weeks. BUT my cuts really arn't bad, they're like scratches and they usually heal in about a week.

15. Rose24

Rose24 Chat & Forum Buddy

don't, soon it'll be too hard to stop. :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.